58

Ashley's P.O.V

[Now]

Mara, Ava, Colleen and I had spent spring break at my vacation house for the past week. It's been pretty fun without having to deal with any drama or anything.

    We'd spend most days by the pier or at the beach. It wasn't warm enough to go swimming so we just hung out there. On some days we'd just go shopping or just hang out at the house.

   School was sadly starting again in three days so we decided to just head back home today. We'd have three days to till we went back to school. Not bad, but I just really wish we didn't have to go back so soon. If school could catch on fire, that would be great.

    Since spring break wasn't technically over yet, we decided to checkout a party that I was invited to. I was allowed to bring anyone I wanted so we just all decided to go.

   It was held by this pretty popular guy that went to Brooke Way. He'd messaged me a few weeks back, saying that we should get to know each other better. Yep another guy slid into the dms. His name was Liam Smith.

    From his Instagram pictures, he looked pretty good looking. Too bad he was a grad A player. He was very persistent that I went to this party, and I wasn't planning on going alone so I was obviously going to bring my friends.

    Like I said, he was more on the popular side so I wouldn't really know anyone there. I wasn't about to walk into a place where I didn't know anybody.

    The party was in a couple of hours so we all decided to start getting ready. We were at my house in my room finishing our makeup.

   Ava curled our hair with my curling wand and I did everyone's makeup. "I'm so excited." Mara exclaimed.

  "Same! I haven't been to a party in so long." Colleen responded.

   I walked across my bedroom to my closet, wearing my Nike pros and a white tank top. I had no idea what I was going to wear.

   It's not like I went to parties very often either. With having to go to dance most of the week, I just didn't really have the time nor the energy.

    I looked through the clothes in my closet, spotting the few dresses that I did have. The bright red dress that I remember so vividly from Valentine's Day caught my eye.

    I felt a tightness in my chest, suddenly remembering that night. The night that I should've kissed Andrew Hills. The dress was just a not so friendly reminder of how badly I had screwed up. I loved the dress, but it just brought back, so many bad memories.

    I tugged at the stretchy fabric as my mind drifted back to that night. I finally pushed the hanger on the rack aside, looking at the next few dresses.

    I had a small collection of dresses for this occasion. I had a short, black body-con, lace-up dress. It was a little flashy in the front of you know what I mean, but it was actually so pretty.

   The next dress I had was a short, semi-bright, pink strapless dress that stopped mid-thigh. It was so pretty, and I've only wore it once to my cousins wedding last year.

  I wanted to go for something fun but not super revealing. Something that I'd feel comfortable in. That first dress that you needed to lace up in the front was by far my favorite. It's super comfortable, and it doesn't rise up when I walk.