31

I went straight to my locker despite the stares and comments I got. I wasn't dealing with any of it today. None of it.

I'm up till here with Tasha drama. I just flipped off anyone that decided to share their input. That would teach them not to mess with me.

When I finally reaching my locker I put in the combination. "Ash are you okay?" Colleen asked from right next to me. "I heard about what happened."

"Yeah everyone heard." I replied showing her all the people that stared in my direction. She gave me a long hug.

I proceeded to emptying out my backpack when two semi-strong arms wrapped around my waist. I quickly turned to see it was Josh. "Hey beautiful."

"Hey." Was all I said. He kissed me on the cheek as he remained behind me. Now when he kissed me it didn't feel the same as it had before.

We'll work on that.

"You didn't answer my text so I just wanted to make sure you were okay."

"Well I'm fine, you don't have to worry." I turned to face him. I gave Josh a small smile wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"Yes Josh." I confirmed with a soft chuckle. He leaned in to kiss me and I closed my eyes getting prepared. I started to pucker my lips for the kiss that never came.

Instead he picked up the charm of my necklace. "Ash.. what is this?" His other arm dropped from my waist as he studied the necklace.

"It's a necklace." I replied stating the obvious. He turned it to the side and read the four words.

Always in my heart.

"Ash, who gave this to you?" He raised his voice as he narrowed his eyebrows.

"Just a friend.."

"What happened to the one I gave you?" He ignored my question demanding answers.

"I took it off because it didn't look good with this one."

"Who gave that to you?"

"A friend." I repeated looking down. I clutched the silver heart in embarrassment. He's not going to like this.

"What friend?"

"It's nobody."

"If it's nobody why can't you tell me?" He yelled.

"Because is not important Josh! Can you just-"

"Andrew gave that to you didn't he?" Boy was he pissed.

I didn't say anything. I was afraid he'd go try and beat him up again so I kept my mouth shut.

"Damn it! He did!"

"He's just a friend!" I defended. "It was a Christmas gift."

I mean it was.

"Friends? Are you kidding me?" He combed a hand through his blonde wave-like hair. "Friends don't give each other gifts that say Always in my heart!"

"Josh cmon! We were just looking at the necklaces and I didn't have enough money so he bought it for me."

"We? You hung out with that guy?"

Whoops, I think I said too much.

"Yeah.." I nervously replied.

"What is wrong with you! I told you I didn't like you hanging around that douche!"

"What's the big deal? We're just hanging out!" And we were. I wasn't cheating on him, we were just good friends.

Jeez, why does he have to overreact so much?

"I don't want you near him, I don't want you talking to him.. J-just stay away from him, okay?" Josh boomed.

He's not about to tell me who I can and cannot talk to. I know I said I'd keep my distance from Andrew, and I will, but this just bothers me.

He's my boyfriend and all, but I'm not going to ask him permission to see certain people. If that's what he thought I was going to do, then he has another thing coming.

He's not my dad, and he can't tell me what to do. Josh can't control me, no matter how much he might want to he can't.

"I can talk to whoever I want Josh." I stated picking up my books from the floor. "I don't say anything when you talk to other girls."

I don't even make any comments, but he has the nerve to tell me about who I can and cannot hang out with. That's unheard of.

Sorry but it doesn't work that way Josh.

"That's different." He pointed a finger at me clenching his jaw.

"No it's not!"

The final bell rang. "Bye Josh."

I was about to walk away when a strong grip pulled on my forearm. "Ow! Let go of me!"

"You don't just get to walk away!" I was seeing a whole other side of Josh. The same side that was unleashed at the rink.

"I'm not talking about this with you now let me go!" I yanked my arm away from him glaring at him.

"Ash, cmon wait.. I'm sorry." I turned walking away not even looking back. He tried to apologize but I wasn't in a forgiving mood.

He can't just do that. He can't tell me what to do because he doesn't own me. I can talk to Andrew if I want to, and he can't do anything to stop me.

"Damn!" He shouted kicking a locker. I never looked back as I entered my homeroom, roughly 3 minutes late.

Thanks Josh! Thanks a lot.

He has some issues he needs to work out. He talks to every girl in his grade and not once have I ever complained.

Sure it bothered me, but I kept my mouth shut because I trusted him. I trusted he wouldn't cheat on me and he hasn't. It hurt that he doesn't trust me, it really did.

Now I know how Andrew felt when i didn't trust him. Let me tell you, it's not a good feeling.

It makes sense though. Of course he won't trust me around Andrew. He hates Andrew. They like to get on each others nerves.

Josh just doesn't want to lose me as a girlfriend. That's why he acted like that, because he loves me.

That's why he's being overprotective of me.

Maybe it was me that over reacted. Maybe he was right and I was wrong. I mean I shouldn't be talking to Andrew anyway.

He's no good. I just need to remember that.

•••

What do you guys think of Josh?