81

Ashley's P.O.V

   "Thank you!" I said, getting out of Colleen's car. They lived right down the street so I got a few rides home from them here and there.

  They drove off, leaving me at the front of my house. I don't know what I'd do if I had to walk in this weather.

  I mean yeah it was nice, but also hot. It felt like a million degrees out here. Surely if I didn't make it indoors I'd melt like a freaking fruit popsicle. We wouldn't want that to happen, now would we.

   I removed my backpack off my shoulders, fumbling through the front pocket of my jansport book bag. I eagerly looked for where I could've possibly put my keys.

   I didn't see them underneath all my other things. I probably forgot to take my freaking keys, as usual.

Ugh, I guess it's time  to go through the doggy door.

Great!

I was about to walk down my porch steps, when I put my hands in my thin sweatshirts pockets. I froze in my tracks when my house keys have been right there the entire time.

Wow Ashley, real smart.

I made my way back to the door getting ready to unlock my front door. From behind me I heard a car approaching my quiet street. It was probably my neighbor or something.

I didn't pay much attention since it would probably just pass my house. But I was wrong.

The car engine stopped from what sounded like my house. It wasn't until a loud slamming of the car door and a shout that I jumped. "Ashley!"

And that's when I dropped my keys. I guess the universe had something against me getting in to my house.

I quickly turned around when I realized who it was.

Andrew.

My eyes widened when I saw him running around the familiar black Mazda. He looked.. happy? My heart rate increased, and I froze. "What are you doing here?"

"You need to hear me out." He ran up the steps, coming face to face with me.

"No, Andrew I've heard enough." I mumbled, turning to attempt at getting into the house. Alex stopped me with his hand and I turned to look at him.

"Just give me a minute." His smile grew larger. Why is he so happy? After everything that's happened?

What more could he have to say?

"It won't change what happened." I sneered. And that's when he started laughing. Just a few hours ago he was literally breaking apart.

What don't I know?

"Ash that's where you're wrong. This changes everything!" He exclaimed, cupping my face with both his hands. I became weak at the result of Andrews touch. "Just give me a minute explain alright?"

"You have thirty seconds."

"It's not my baby." He confessed in a slow manner. He spaced out each word, making it easier to understand. I let each word sink in, each one holding so much meaning.

My eyes widened when I finally comprehended what he was saying. Andrew isn't going to be a dad..

"Then who's is it?" I wondered looking up at him, crossing my arms.

"Josh wood's."

I practically had a heart attack, when I heard that name. I haven't even thought of him in months. I wonder what happened to him.