83

I shoved my school books into my backpack. I heard as the crinkled up pieces of paper crushed at the bottom of my bag. Maybe it's time for a thorough bag cleaning.

   With just enough room for my lunch bag, I pushed it in zipping it closed. I got up from the crouch position I was in taking a look at my horrific locker in its' state. Maybe it's also time for a thorough locker clean up as well.

   I really need to get my life in order.

     "Damn how many water bottles do you even have in there?" I heard a masculine, but honeyed voice speak from behind me. I'd recognize that voice anywhere.

    Frozen in my tracks, I slowly turned around, coming face to face with the source of the voice. There stood a tall blonde haired asshole, with a smirk plastered on his face. His wave like, sloppily cut hair merely grazing his pale blue eyes.

   It was Josh wood.

   He stood there, about a foot away staring me up and down. His arms were crossed, his fists clenched. What could he possibly want after all this time?

   "What are you doing here Josh?" I wondered, crossing my arms across my chest. I felt my palms becoming sweaty, as I lightly tapped my foot. His very presence sent an uneasy sensation all throughout my body.

"Very straight forward, that's something I've always liked about you." Josh confessed flipping his hair. What is he talking about?

    "Well I have to go.." I trailed off trying to walk passed him. Josh quickly grabbed a strong , unsettling hold on my arm before I had the chance to escape.

  "Wait!" I narrowed my eyes at him and at his hand on me. I gulped at the sudden negative gut feeling I had gotten.

   "What do you want?" I pulled away from him, rubbing the area he had just grabbed onto.

    "I'm sorry Ashley." He replied quickly. I looked down, without an answer. "Did you um.. did you get the flowers I sent you?"

  Holy freaking moly..

No way those were from him.

  "Those were from you?" I questioned in disbelief. Why the hell is he mailing me flowers? I haven't even talked to Josh since the break up.

  "Yeah, I wanted to say that I'm sorry."

"Why did you send them?"

Josh slowly ran a hand through his hair, trying to find the right words. "I've had a lot of time to think.." There was a short uncomfortable pause. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket, taking it out to view the notification. "And I'm not over you."

    My eyes widened in surprise at what he had just said. Are you kidding me? This has to be a joke.. there is no way he's being serious with me. After all that time he had disappeared?

   He picked the day after I had became Andrews girlfriend to drop a freaking big ass bomb like this. "What?" I retorted.

   "I'm still in love with you." I can't believe my ears.

"No your not." I muttered to myself, earning him an eye roll.

"I want to get back together." Josh grinned cupping my face with his enormous callused  hands. I shuddered at his revolting touch.

  "I have a boyfriend." I stated pushing him away. "I'm over you."

A look of horror claimed his appearance, and that deceivingly kind face was unmasked. "It's Andrew isn't it?" Josh barked. Pure hatred filled his now dark eyes. In that moment I was about a million times more uncomfortable than I had been a second ago.