64

Knocking on the door I saw the light in her mud room turn on. In no time at all, the door swung open, revealing a very excited Colleen Harrison.

    "Angelina's starting the car." She said inviting me in. Angelina is her older sister. She's a senior in high school, and obviously had her drivers license.

     "I'm so nervous." I confessed taking a seat in a wooden chair beside Colleen, at her kitchen table. "Maybe this isn't such a good idea."

    "Ashley it's all going to be fine! You already know he feels the same way." She pointed out.

    "I don't know.. maybe it's too late."

"Cut the crap ashley he's obviously in love with you." I smiled when she said that. Was it that obvious?

   "Are you guys coming or what?" Angelina called to us from the back door. We both made our way outside through their driveway, climbing into her sisters black Mercedes. "Where does this kid live anyway?" She asked pulling out onto the street.

     I handed her my phone, showing her the address. "It's across the highway." Google maps showed that it was only a five minute drive from here.

     "Oh, my friend lives on that street. Dead end right?"

    "Yep." And with that we drove to the main road, crossing the highway. It was pitch black outside, except for the street lights and car headlights. I grew even more anxious, the closer and closer we got.

     My hands began to tremor slightly, just thinking about what I was about to do. Usually the guy told the girl he loved her first. In this case it's the other way around.

    I mean he did say that he wanted me, but I screwed it up. We could've been together right now. I don't know if we'd date, since he's on and off with that, but at least we'd be on good terms. Maybe might've kissed at least.

    The only thing I know, is that he wouldn't be hanging out with Tasha as much. Just thinking of what they could be doing together broke my heart in two. I guess that if Andrew really meant what he said, he knew what extreme jealousy felt like.

     I know I do.

  "What's the house number?" Angelina asked from the driver side. We were slowly going down a tree secluded street. Numerous houses on each side.

    I checked the address to see the two digit house number. "It's 70 Bowman Street."

   "Alright, then its the one down there." She pointed to the house farthest to the right. It was a one story brick house. He had a small driveway that only housed one car. It was his black Mazda.

   Colleen's sister pulled over in front of the average sized house. "I don't know if I want to do this anymore.." I started, eyeing the dark house.

    "Well my sister didn't drive you at ten o'clock at night just so that you can change your mind." That'd be a waste of her time. "Come on, you can do this! Everything is going to be fine."

    "You think so?"

"Yes! Now go!" Colleen insisted.

  I smiled and gave her a long hug, before gathering up the courage to open the door. I stepped out of the car, closing the door behind me. I just stood there unable to move. Stared at the white front door. I can do this.