38

I laid in my bed looking through my phone. I didn't feel like going to dance tonight but my mom wouldn't let me skip. With competitions coming up I couldn't miss any rehearsals.

Josh has been texting me all week but I haven't had the courage to answer him. At some point I will but the sickening feeling I had before only got worse.

It'll get better with time, right? Hopefully I don't feel this way for much longer. I'm still pretty shocked from Saturday. It won't happen again.

I know it won't. He just got mad, because of me. I don't even know if he did cheat to be honest. For all I know they were just hanging out. As much as I hate Tasha, and no matter how mad I am at Josh he wouldn't cheat on me.

Would he?

I mean he's probably just trying to get me back for not listening to him. For not staying away from Andrew Hills.

The guy that's proved his worth. The guy that gained my trust and respect. The guy that I'm afraid to admit my unfamiliar feelings to.

I don't know what to think. I've never felt this way towards any guy. Sure I'd feel attracted to guys but that's all. Attraction.

This new feeling was unfamiliar to me. I don't know what it was but it was way more than an attraction. Whatever it was had to stop. I'm in a relationship that I plan to stay in, and this can't happen.

I can't let things between me and him turn into anything more. Not that he'd actually feel the same way. I mean.. who am I for him to like me?

You saw his type. Younger and not prude.

Why am I even thinking about this? We'd never work. We're better off staying as friends.

As I remained in my twin size bed, I set my phone to the side and continued watching greys anatomy. I'd be eating more ramen but I just couldn't eat.

Every time I'd put something in my mouth I'd feel like throwing up. It's been like this all week. I'd feel so consumed with guilt that I couldn't even eat.

Watching Netflix just helped me get my mind off of things for a little while. For how ever many episodes, I focused on whatever was going on.

My phone went off a few times. I got a few text messages but I didn't bother checking them. Josh is probably texting me again. Why can't he just leave me alone?

Can't he take the hint that I don't want to talk to him? He just doesn't get it.

After texting I received a couple phone calls. My phone buzzed in my hand before checking who it was. It was.. Andrew?

By the time I went to answer the call it had ended. I saw that the text messages were also from Andrew. Not Josh.

I put in the four number code in my phone before reading the text messages.

Andrew: hey ash you home?

Andrew: hello?

Andrew: freely

I was about to text him back when he called yet again. Before the first ring, I quickly answered the phone sitting up in my bed.

"Why don't you ever answer your phone?" He asked through the phone.

"Sorry, I thought you were Josh." I replied in a low voice.

"You guys fighting or what?"

"We're not on good terms at the moment."

"You want to talk about it?" Andrew offered after a moment of silence.

"I'm okay."

"You sure?"

"Positive." I assured. Even with the stacks of blankets and warm pajamas I was wearing I was still freezing.

"You home?"

"Why?" I asked unsure how to respond.

"Are you?"

"N-no.." I stammered. I'm so convincing I know.

"Ash I can see your light on." He laughed on the phone. I've never noticed how cute his laugh is.

"Then why bother asking?" I let out a soft laugh. It was quiet for a little and I almost forgot he was on the phone.

"Come outside."

Wait.. he was here? I didn't answer him u till I heard him shouting my name from outside.

"Andrew shut up! My parents are downstairs!" I hissed. The one night he decides to start screaming my name is when both my parents are home from work. The timing couldn't be better.

I walked over to my window and looked down at my small front yard to see Andrew standing in the street with his phone up to his ear.

"Then come outside, I need a hug." He sounded a little upset but I didn't have any idea why.

"Let me see if my parents are awake."

"Okay. I'm waiting."

I stepped into my uggs and tiptoed down the hallway. I slowly and quietly descended down the stairs to see my living room tv blaring in the darkness.

My mom, dad, and brother were all passed out on the couch. It made sense considering it was now passed midnight. Time really does go by fast.

I snuck passed them, carefully opening the door trying to avoid squeaking. I closed behind me as I neared Andrew.

We both hung up from the phone walking towards each other. "Hey."

"Hi." I replied in a low voice. "What's wrong?" I asked now standing inches away from him. He looked down at me with his hands in his sweatshirt pockets.

"It's my brother." The sadness in his face was very noticeable at this point. He didn't even try to hide his emotions.

"What's going on with Nick?" Andrew doesn't really talk much about his family except for that one time we went to the movies.

That night he trusted me with details of his life. The least I could do was remember his older brothers' name.

"He's not doing too good," I didn't say anything as I waited for him to continue. I could tell that whatever he was about to tell wasn't good.

It wouldn't be good at all.

•••

Chapter 39 coming your way..