44

There he stood in a fancy tuxedo with his hair gelled back. In his hand he held a bouquet of red roses and quite a large gift bag. I couldn't help but smile.

"Hey Beautiful." He smirked. My heart as we speak is currently doing somersaults. He handed me the flowers and I just couldn't stop staring at them.

"H-Hey." I stammered. Why can't I talk like a normal human being? "What are you doing here?"

I've never seen Andrew in anything other than his usual dark jeans, black sweatshirt, or leather jacket. I never expected him to wear anything as fancy as this.

Let alone carry roses is his right hand.

" I wanted to take you out somewhere for Valentine's Day." Andrew smiled.

Ugh! I Really wanted to just stay in today but this is so tempting.

" I was actually planning on staying in today.." I explained.

"I can see that." He chuckled gesturing at my pajamas and messy top knot.

I totally forgot how disgusting I must have looked and I became a little embarrassed. I had no makeup on and I just wasn't prepared for company.

"Yeah I didn't really plan on going anywhere."

"Change of plans then, because I made us a reservation at someplace you'll like." Back at it again with that adorable smile.

"I don't know Andrew, I don't have anything remotely as fancy as what your wearing. " I muttered.

"That's why I bought you this." He replied handing me the bag. It wasn't as heavy as I first thought it would be.

"You seriously need to stop buying things for me." I giggled holding both the gifts in my hand. "It's just too much."

"Ashley it's fine I don't mind." He assured me. We stood there staring at each other for what felt like an eternity before he spoke again. "Now, hurry up and get ready I'll be waiting for you."

"You can wait inside if you want to. This'll take a while." I moved out of the way inviting him in. He stepped through the door taking a seat in the leather arm chair beside the couch.

I quickly went into the kitchen to place the flowers in a vase before heading upstairs to get changed. "Take your time." I heard from behind me.

I raced into my room, eager to see what he had picked out for me. I took out the medium sized box out from the bag and laid it on my unmade bed.

At some point I'm going to need to clean up this place. But right now is most definitely not the time.

The box had a somewhat white circle design on it. There was a small purple label that read 'modcloth'. My guess is that's the brand he ordered from.

I grabbed a nearby scissor from my desk and cut the tape that was closing the box. I'm so curious to see what he picked out for me. Hopefully it's not some extremely short cocktail dress, because lord knows I'm not wearing that.

I removed the tissue paper to see a carefully folded red dress. The color was gorgeous, perfect for what it was today.