32

It's been a few days since Josh and I had that fight. We ended up apologizing to each other and agreed that it was all just a huge misunderstanding. Josh and I were back to normal.

    I just can't help feeling so sick to my stomach when I see Josh. I'm constantly being reminded of the way he grabbed my arm. Maybe it's not a huge deal, and just out of anger but it bothers me. It really, really bothers me.

It could be just me. Oh well..

I sat down at my lunch table beside Ava. I took out my pizza lunch-able as we talked and laughed with Colleen and Mara. "Are you guys free next Friday?" I asked.

   "I am." Mara replied.

"Probably why?" Colleen and Ava replied.

"I was thinking of having a birthday party after dance around 8:45. It'll be like a sleepover." I explained.

"That sounds fun." Mara replied taking a bite out of her lunch.

"Yes! Ash it'll be so fun." Colleen exclaimed.

We all talked about the 'party' and other random topics for a little while.

"Mara is that a bread roll?" Ava asked.

"Yeah why?"

"So you wrapped a roll of bread in tin foil?"

"Yes." She laughed.

"Why didn't you just make a sandwich?" I wondered. I took a sip of my water, staring at Mara eating her bread.

"Eh, I'm too lazy to make a sandwich."

"So you bring bread in tin foil?" Colleen laughed. We all laughed at that.

"It's so much work! You have to cut the bread in half, then get ham and cheese and put it in the sandwich, close it and wrap it. I can't do all that!" She explained.

All three of us burst into laughter at how lazy our friend was. That's actually so funny. And I thought I was lazy.

I guess not as lazy as Mara.

"You kill me Mara." Ava told her.

                                     •••

   "Ash!" I heard from behind me. As I left the school building I turned to see Andrew calling me. "Come here."

  "I gotta get home Andrew."

  "Two minutes." He replied holding up two fingers. He wore his usual black t-shirt with a black leather jacket over it. The dark wash jeans and timberland style shoes.

I swear he wore the exact same thing everyday.

"For what?" I walked up to him and we walked side-by-side.

"I wanna show you something."

"Make it quick."

We walked to the school parking lot on the side of the building. In one of the parking spaces was a polished jet black motorcycle. I didn't know why he wanted to show me just some old motorbike in a parking space.

"You like it?" He asked swing one of his legs over the bike.

"Why are you showing me this?" I asked crossing my arms across my chest. He started the vehicle and the engine turned over. "What are you doing? Who's is that?"

"Calm down it's mine.. well it was my dads"

What?

"You got your license already?" I questioned wide-eyed.

"Not exactly." He replied.

"Your going to get into trouble!"

"No I'm not. My uncle taught me how to ride it, it just needed some repairs."

"It's a nice bike.." I admitted. He took the helmet off from the front of the bike and handed it to me. "What are you doing?"

"Get on, I'll give you a ride." He's crazy.

"No! I'm not trying to die today." I laughed.

"You'll be fine just get over here." He chuckled pointing to the seat behind him. "Cmon, don't you trust me?"

"I-I do but.."

"Then what are you waiting for?" I hesitated thinking this through. "I mean, unless you'd rather walk the twenty minutes."

He has a point. I don't want to walk all the way home. I guess I'll be getting on. "Andrew, I swear you get us killed I'll kick your butt."

   "Good thing we'll already be dead." He responded. I took a deep breath before getting onto the back. I placed the helmet onto my head and wrapped my arms around his torso gently.

   "I'm trusting you with my life Andrew Hills. I hope you know that."

   "Loosen up baby, enjoy the ride." And with that he rode out of the parking lot and into the main road.

I felt different when he called me that. Baby.

I never felt this way when Josh called me that, not that he ever really does. It's a whole new feeling.

The cold wind pushed back on us as we sped through the traffic. He really did know how to ride a motorcycle. I was actually enjoying it.

I never thought I'd enjoy something that much. I just felt so.. free. I didn't ever want it to end. But eventually, we stopped at my house and I got off.

I handed his helmet back to him, going up my porch steps. "Thank you." I called out to him.

"Anytime." And with that he put on his helmet and rode off.

I don't want to lose him as a friend. With these new feelings it'll be almost impossible to keep him at a distance.

I don't know what to do..

•••

Crappy but..