74

Ashley's P.O.V

  Did that actually happen? Did Andrew just.. kiss me? Oh. My. goodness.

   I can't believe it finally happened. This is what I've been waiting for and it finally happened. I wanted Andrew to kiss me ever since I had rejected him Valentine's Day. I feel so happy I can't even begin to explain to you.

   I couldn't help but smile, as our foreheads leaned against each other's. My hands still rested on his smirking face. His hand was wrapped around my shoulders, while the other held my small hand.

    I can't tell if this is actually happening right now or not. Did I hallucinate this? "Pinch me." I giggled.

   "What?" Andrew chuckled.

"Pinch me."

  "Why?" Andrew questioned looking right into my eyes. I felt so lightheaded from our previous kiss.

   "I want to make sure I'm not dreaming." I responded softly. Andrew pushed back a small strand of my blonde hair behind my ear. I loved the way he made me feel.

    He placed a gentle kiss on the crook of my neck. This took me by surprise, as the heat I'd felt on that same spot travelled all throughout my body. He pinched my arm gently like I had told him. "I think your awake." Andrew confirmed his gaze fixed on me.

   "Good." And with that I went in for a quick peck on the lips taking him by surprise. That famous smirk appeared once again on his lips, making me shiver.

   "Your so beautiful."

  I leaned my head on his shoulder looking at the dark sky. Andrews arm still around me, his hand still intertwined with mine we just sat.

   On that street bench we sat in silence looking at the sky. He rested his chin on my head, but I didn't mind it. I liked how close we were. I felt.. safe with him.

    This nice warm and cozy feeling that I don't think I've ever felt before. I was happy.

    I guess Eric won't be making any moves anytime soon. I hope your not expecting any calls bud, because I'm going to tell you right now. You won't be getting any.

  So sorry to disappoint.

It wasn't until after another twenty minutes that we headed for his car. It was getting pretty late, plus it was a lengthy drive from where I lived. I didn't have a curfew or anything but Andrew didn't want to make a bad impression on my mom since she already seemed to like him.

   It was almost eleven so I guess it would make sense to start heading home. "Andrew." I said driving over the bridge.

   "Yeah?" He answered looking over at me briefly while driving.

   "I had a great time tonight."

"Yeah me too ash." He replied with a grin. "Want to know my favorite part?"

   "Enlighten me." I said.

"Kissing you." My eyes widened in the dark car. A smile creeping onto my face. That was the highlight of my night.

    "Mine too." My voice revealed my nervousness.

   "You have no idea how long I've been wanting to kiss you for." Andrew continued. I was actually so flattered.

    "How long?" I asked boldly, continuing the conversation. I faced him, waiting for his response.

   "Would you believe me if I told you since that first day I saw you in that math class of yours?" What? That can't honestly be true.

   "No! Your messing with me."

"I'm serious! No joke since December." He defended.

    "Are you being serious? That long? Andrew!" I giggled, my face slowly heating up. Has he really liked me for that long?

    "Dead serious. I just couldn't stop thinking about you."

    That's actually so sweet. It takes serious guts to confess something like this. Props to you.

   "I honestly had no idea." I confessed to him. No joke I thought that his sole purpose for existing was to annoy me. Remember the good old days when I thought he was ruining my life? Yeah that was fun.

  "How could you? I mean you were dating that other guy."

    "Yeah, what was I thinking? Josh was just.." I trailed off unable to come up with an appropriate adjective.

   "An a jerk?" Andrew suggested.

"Yeah, that!" I agreed.

   We both laughed lightheartedly, before putting his hand over mine. I felt a tingling sensation in my stomach as he intertwined our fingers.

     Andrew and I sat in silence as he drove past all the stores and cars in motion. It wasn't until his phone rang that everything was quiet. It wasn't until Tasha Hailand's name popped up on his phone that everything had been perfect.

   Why does she have to pop up everywhere? Honestly move on. He's not into you boo! Get your life together.

    "Ugh! This girl won't leave me alone." He spat letting go of my hand. He declined the call slamming it face down. "Dang."

   "Doesn't she understand that you don't like her?" I asked.

   "Apparently not." He exhaled. "She just doesn't give up."

   I didn't really know what else to say. All in all Tasha is a pain in the neck. Her very existence just makes me uncomfortable.

   Andrew started getting text message after text message in a spam. He didn't pick it up, but he seemed extremely irritated. 

   I picked up his phone to see her pretty much text bombing him. Oh my.. She's actually a psychopath. Usually if someone doesn't answer, you wait for them to call you back, not blow up their phone! What is her problem?

'Where are you?"
'Hello?'
'Andrew!'
'Answer  me!'
'It's important!'
'Answer me!!'
'HELLOOO'

This girl isn't even texting me and she's starting to get on my nerves. "It seems like she has something pretty important to tell you." I said scrolling through the texts.

   "Well you know what? I don't really care! She can deal with it herself." Well he was angry.

    Andrew  stopped the car right in front of my house. Well that was pretty quick. With the stick shift on Park, he faced me, his chiseled features softening. "Well here we are."

   "Thank you for tonight." I smiled putting down his phone.

  "Your welcome beautiful."

Beautiful.

  He leaned in kissing me slowly. Andrew's masculine hand cupping my face. I kissed him back before our heads were gently pressed against each other. "I'll call you." He whispered.

    "I'll be looking forward to it." Missing his kiss I went in for another before opening the car door. "Bye Andrew."

    And with that I walked up to my door, watching as he drove off. Tonight was amazing.

   But.. I can't help but wonder what was so important.

    Probably nothing.

                                            •••

    I love them together so much!

Any thoughts on what Tasha had to tell him?