23

I walked into my room taking off my heavy coat. I stepped out of my shoes and sat in front of my vanity mirror.

Today was fun.

I tied my hair up into a sloppy bun. There were fly-aways  all over the place. I actually looked like a pineapple.

  I used my makeup wipe to clean off the makeup on my face. I made sure to get the pounds of mascara on my eyes. I wasn't looking to get any more break outs. Those are a hard to get rid of.

   I occasionally looked down at the wipe where all my makeup had gone. Foundation practically soaking the wet wipe. Wow.. do I really put that much on?

    I don't care, I mean my beauty just doesn't happen over night. I hope you know that.

   As I wiped off the remaining of my foundation, I caught a glimpse at my new necklace. It was so pretty.

  I absolutely loved it!

I was already wearing the necklace Josh got me for our anniversary along with the new one. It was a simple but cheap diamond necklace. Well it wasn't a real diamond but I liked it because my boyfriend bought me it.

   It didn't stand a chance compared to the sterling silver heart around my neck. It was a lot bigger in size and more well.. real.

   I saw the same necklace at kohl's for $10 in the clearance section. It didn't really bother me, I mean he doesn't really have that much money of his own considering he doesn't have a job.

  It's all school and hockey practice. Plus he's a freshman so he doesn't really have that many options.

   I unclasped the small necklace setting it aside. I'm sorry Josh, hopefully you understand.

    Buzz. Buzz.

I pulled my phone out of the back pocket of my jeans.

Speaking of..

Guess who texted me.

Josh.

Josh: Hey ash you want to FaceTime?

Me: sure.

I called him as soon as I was comfortably laying in my bed.

"Hey." I said when it finally connected.

"What?"he shouted through the camera.

He does this all the time I swear this kid is deaf.

"I said hey!"

  "Oh.. hi ashley."

There we go.

  "Don't you have hockey today?" I wondered.

"Nope, my dad let me stay home today."

"Oh that's good.

"Yeah." It was quiet for a few minutes. I was scrolling through my Instagram while we both sat there in silence. "So what do you want to talk about?"

  "I don't know."

"Do you know Chris hoscis?" He asked out of knowhere.

   "Yeah I think so."

Ha I really didn't.

  "He's sick at hockey though."

The next fifteen minutes that went by, was pretty much just Josh telling me about Chris and all the guys that were good and bad at hockey.

   He used words like 'inning' and 'playoffs' and I had no idea what he was talking about. I obviously knew he was talking about hockey but I kinda tuned out.

He went on and on about how he had to tape his hockey stick cuz of the holes. I honestly don't know.

I saw a snapchat message pop up on the top of my screen from Andrew. I pressed on it while Josh continued pretty much talking to himself. I read the two words.

Andrew: send a pic.

I knew he was joking considering our previous conversations.

Me: No.

Andrew: Please.

Me: Why do you want them?

Andrew: Cuz I do.

Me: Fine hold on.

I quickly googled a picture of a donkey and saved it to my camera roll. I sent him the picture silently laughing at myself.

Me: enjoy.

Andrew: I hate you.

I completely forgot I was on FaceTime when I laughed out loud.

  "What's so funny?" A familiar voice boomed from my phone.

  "It's nothing."

"Can I know?"

"It's stupid." I insisted.

"Then tell me."

"You wouldn't get it."

It ended there. He then switched the conversation to Jillian, the girl he hates. I've heard it all before so I wouldn't be missing much.

"She looks like a pickle with hair."

He proceeded to rant and rant. He even came up with a laugh to imitate her. It was actually the funniest part of our conversation.

Well his conversation with himself, I didn't say a word.

Me: BAHAHAHAHA

"Ash cmon why are you laughing?" Josh called out to me. Whoops. I didn't realize I was laughing again.

"It's nothing."

I started laughing so hard for some reason. I just loved saying that. "Ok.. back to my story.."

Are you kidding me?

Ugh!

I love him and all but I honestly don't care about that girl. I've heard him talk about the same things over and over again for the past three months we've been dating.

It's getting really old.

I'm so tempted to just hang up.

Ready..

Three..

Two..

One..

Bye Josh.

And I hung up. I'm just gonna play it off like my battery died.

I'm so smart.