96

I parked my grey Ford Fusion into the overly crowded school parking lot. I turned the car engine off, still sitting in the leather seat. I checked my appearance for what seemed like the millionth time today.

   I wanted to make a good first impression, since it was the first day of senior year. It came so fast, that I couldn't even believe it. It felt like just yesterday I was a clueless freshmen, unable to find the bathroom.

   Look at me now. In what felt like a blink of an eye, I was at the top the high school food chain.

   This was my last year of school. I couldn't possibly tell you how happy that makes me. No more studying or homework or any of that pointless trash.

   Not until after college that is..

Ugh here we are again back to where we started. One step forward, two steps back. This was such a self-esteem boost let me tell you.

   I brushed away a few fly-aways that had been left astray. Just floating around, getting in the way.

  I turned towards the passenger seat grabbing my school bag before unbuckling myself. One more year and I'm out. I'm off to college and I won't have to deal with the downsides of high school. Not anymore.

  Believe me, I've had my fair share of high school drama. I'm not looking for any more.

  This year I want to start things off on a good note. I'll start to care about my grades and doing my work as crazy as it may sound. I'll make an effort to step out of my comfort zone and at least make an attempt at making new friends. Ha ha.. hopefully this new start won't blow up in my face.

   I got out of my new car, locking it behind me. The single beep, sounded from behind me as I clutched my book bag strap.

   Last year I had gotten my official driver's license and I haven't been happier. All that freedom I had mentioned in my sophomore year had finally been achieved. I didn't have to depend on anyone for rides or had to walk to my destinations.

   It would've been one of the best days of my high school life except something had been missing. I was happy for the new privilege and the independence I had earned but I couldn't help but feel partially empty.

  Everything would've been perfect if I had been able to share that day with that one specific person we all know. Yes, you're right.. it's Andrew.

   The only thing that had been missing that wonderful day had been him. I wanted to just go to him and tell him that all those lessons had paid off. Like he had told me once, I would indeed pass that exam with flying colors.

   And I did.

I aced that test on the first freaking try! Usually it takes the second or third, possibly maybe the fourth year to get a good score on both the written and driving part. I was one of the few students in the class that had actually made it.

  Take that bitches! I passed and you didn't! Ok I'll stop now..

   I tried calling the jail he had been taken to, but it was no use. I thought that he could at least pick up, but one of the officers had said that Andrew didn't want to speak to me. I was so happy that day, willing to break our agreement once again to share my news with him.

   I was willing to hear his voice again after months of no communication, but no. He didn't even want to talk to me. Hearing that, had hurt me. The happiness and joy I had acquired that day, quickly diminished when the one person I was eager to tell waved me off.

   I understood that it was difficult for him to speak to me after all that time but he could at least pick up the phone when I called. I desperately wanted to hear his voice and his laugh.