35

Ding! Dong!

I hung up the phone and ran to the door. They're here.

I unlocked the front door and pulled it open. There stood my three best friends with gifts in their hands.

"Happy birthday!" They all exclaimed in unison.

"Thanks guys!" They all came in and set their things down as we went into the kitchen. I blasted music from Apple TV. Ava and Mara sat at my kitchen island while Colleen and I started lip syncing to 'Bad Things' by MGK and Camila Cabello. My two friends hysterically laughed at our horrendous dance moves while eating all the snacks on the table.

  "You guys can't dance I'm sorry.." Mara laughed dipping her chip in the salsa.

   "You think you can do any better?" Colleen joked looking offended.

"Yeah you wanna go?"

"Let's see who can dance better. Ash, you and Ava judge."

"Alright." I sat in the high chair next to Ava. I've been starving all day so I grabbed a handful of Oreos, while the two of them decided on a song.

"Let's do the water dance!" Mara squealed. In hip hop class we all learned a combination to that song by pit bull. It was so fun to do.

"Yes!" My two friends high fives before started the song. "Tell is who did better." She shouted over the music.

Ava and I exchanged a look. This was going to be interesting. I stuck an Oreo in my mouth as they both did the choreographed danced. Mara was a really good dancer, while Colleen had only started classes with Ava this year.

They went to change spots when Colleen trips over what seemed to be maras foot. She flew across my kitchen knocking down the stack of red solo cups she tried to grab onto to gain her balance.

We all burst into laughter before agreeing that Mara won that competition. "Mara tripped me! That's not fair." She complained in between laughter.

"Sorry Coll.. Mara still wins." Ava said still laughing. Mara jumped up and down like a two year old at the fact that she won the 'dance battle'.

"You cheated."

"I still won! Haha!"

They were acting like spoiled little kids fighting over a cookie. It was the funniest thing to watch.

We all danced to the upcoming songs that came on. Laughing and talking, just having fun. Ava braided everyone's hair to match her double French braids.

"You want to open gifts?" I asked.

"Sure." Mara answered. They all followed me into the living room, where the gift bags were neatly placed on the coffee table. Mara brought the bowl of Doritos with her.

All three of them shared the chips while I opened my gifts. "Okay this is from.. Ava." I read the card. I pulled out three bags of m&m's and a Starbucks gift card.

"I bought you your own candy so you don't have to inhale mine." She joked. Ohhh! I remember that time when we went to the mall.