Shouto Todoroki

He was shaking in your arms, holding you close. He wouldn't let you see him cry, but it broke you to watch him this distressed.

It was one of those times – whenever his thoughts got too much, and he didn't feel worthy to live or be loved, he would always find a way into your embrace.

You held him, whispering words of pure love and admiration, telling him that it didn't matter what his father wanted him to be, or what anyone told him he couldn't do. You still believed in him, and he had many friends now.

You could always tell when he needed comfort, because he would seek you out – whether you were in your dorm room or with friends. He would randomly hug you, burying his head into your chest.

You tightly wrapped your arms around his waist, bringing him into a loving hug, and one hand would run through his bi-coloured locks, while you gave him encouragement.

He was always grateful for your eternal support, but felt bad that he burdened you.

When it got really bad, you gave him permission to go to your dorm room, even if you weren't there, and wait for you to get back. He often did this – taking something that smelled a lot like you, and curling up in your bed.

It was one of those days. He made for your room, grabbing the nearest thing to your bed and practically jumping in. He didn't want to have to wait to see you – he needed your reassurance. He fell asleep crying.

After a long conversation with the other girls about romantic nonsense, and worrying about your boyfriend, you made your way to your dorm room, hoping he wasn't in there. If he was, it meant something was seriously wrong.

Holding your breath, you opened the door. You immediately slammed it shut when you stepped in. He was there, on your bed. He looked so small – curled up into a ball holding one of your shirts close. You panicked, running to his side. He was asleep, and you could tell he had been crying.

Gently, you shook him awake, sitting on the bed next to him. His eyes started to open, and he looked both surprised and relieved to see you. He sat up slowly, and you almost made him fall back.

Lunging at him, you wrapped your arms around his waist, pulling him to your body in a tight embrace. He needed that. His arms snaked around you, as you let one of your hands tangle in his hair. He was shaking, and you kept whispering to him in an effort to calm him down.

"You won't...leave me, right?" He asked.

Your hand froze in his hair. You were hurt that he would even suggest that. But, at least you knew what was going on. Your arms moved around his neck, and you planted your face into it, nuzzling him.

You began kissing the skin, not leaving any marks, only a tingling sensation wherever your lips touched.

"No. No. No. I won't leave you. I promise." You whispered.

Moving your face, you met his gaze. You leaned in, connecting your lips in a gentle kiss. It was passionate, but not rough. You wanted him to believe you – to feel your emotions through the kiss. He needed you. All you wanted was for him to be happy. And you wanted to make him smile.

When you pulled away, he had a sad smile. You cupped his cheeks, rubbing your thumbs against his skin, trying to get him to ease into your touch.

"I love you so, so much. Please never think I'll leave you."

He nodded, bringing his hands up and placing them on top of yours. You attacked his face, kissing everywhere you could – you wanted him to feel the love. He deserved it.

"I love you too." He whispered, relaxing into your hands.

"Thank you."

[Word Count: 663]