Katsuki Bakugou {Male Reader}

Requested by: VALREADSFANFICTIONS

------------------------------------------------------

You sat in unusual melancholy.

It was the day of love: Valentine's Day. Your desk had been flooded with gifts of chocolates and other delicacies, but you merely gave your admirers a false smile. What appeared to be a heartfelt gesture of thanks was nothing more than bravado.

The reality of your situation was far more dismal. Being shorter than a lot of other students, and generally incredibly shy, it was difficult for you to make your feelings known.

Bakugou happened to be the object of your affections – despite his atrocious attitude, you believed he was, however well hidden, a nice person at heart.

Due to your bashful persona, he seemed to get annoyed at you regularly; but, at least you had spoken before...if with a heavy dose of stutters.

Your personality led you to obtain the title of 'Class Cinnamon Roll', although people wouldn't actually tell you. They thought you might shatter from the embarrassment.

Right now, you were relieved the gifts had ceased, but there was a certain sense of longing – you wanted Bakugou. On this special holiday, you simply wished to be with him, for him to hold you close and whisper sweet nothings. The thought was causing your heart to swell, and you swore your cheeks were scarlet.

As you attempted to quell the burning in your chest, partially from your 'indecent' mind-set, but also from the emotional pain, you failed to see someone standing behind you.

It was only when they kicked your chair, announcing their presence, that you swivelled round faster than a bullet, only to meet Bakugou's abnormally mild eyes.

"Oi, nerd."

Your heart hammered in your ears; it blocked out all other sound. Your moderately despondent (e/c) orbs glanced his pale features, turning your cheeks darker by the second. The longer your gaze stayed on him, the less rationality you would preserve.

Suddenly, something was flung at your face.

Worrying that you had upset him, you lowered your head. This, however, allowed you to glimpse the package now on your lap. It was neatly wrapped, and rectangular. The paper was nothing flashy; he probably didn't want anyone making a fuss.

Panic and confusion were etched on to your face.

"You didn't listen to a damn word I said, nerd!" Bakugou sounded enraged.

Flinching, you slowly gathered the courage to search his face. In doing this, you noticed that his head was turned slightly, out of your direct view, and what appeared to be dots of crimson could be seen. Your mouth was agape. Was this actually happening?

"W-Wha-" You began, complete awe obvious from your tone.

"H-Happy Valentine's Day..." He mumbled, almost incoherently.

"B-Bakugou...why w-would y-you..." Your sentence trailed off as you tried to make sense of everything.

He huffed, cheeks flushing more and more.

"I-I like you, ok?!"

Bakugou's voice rose, and he spoke defensively. You could have died happy in that moment. Although, you had a higher likelihood of dying embarrassed, as his aggressive tone jolted the whole classroom.

"U-Uh...I l-like you t-too...B-But please d-don't be so l-loud!"

[Word Count: 509]