Shouta Aizawa ღ Eraserhead

Requested by: FelineFreak

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eri was feeling very insecure. Your husband, and the father of your unborn child, had adopted her not too long after the Yakuza incident. Initially, you were unsure as to why he wanted to take in this child, but upon hearing her backstory, and what she had been subjected to, you immediately embraced her, sorrowful tears streaming down your face. You gladly accepted her as a member of your steadily-growing family. She was incredibly grateful, and loved watching you work - you were a freelance artist, and spent the majority of your days at home, painting or drawing with a contented smile on your face. Eri's crimson orbs widened as she watched the canvas come to life. Then, she glanced at you, seeing a happy expression; it made her want to imitate you, because she thought your smile was genuine and beautiful. One day, you had noticed her staring, and invited her to try. She sat in your lap, a shaky hand gripping the paintbrush. Soon, she too was smiling. You had made a comment about the clothes she wore - a ridiculous cat-print top, with matching leggings. Both of you laughed, but afterwards, when your husband was at work, you walked into town with Eri, letting her pick out a few new outfits. She stuck close to you the entire time, clasping your hand in her smaller one. Later, Aizawa returned, and questioned you about her different style. Eri testified that, while she was eternally thankful, they weren't exactly what she wanted.

The young girl glanced nervously towards you, observing the way Aizawa rubbed your stomach soothingly. You were nuzzled into his side. When you felt a pair of uncertain eyes on your figure, you craned your neck, taking in her saddened appearance. Smiling, you reached out your arms, enticing her into your hold. With her head lowered, she ran to you, wrapping her own arms around your waist, being careful of the baby bump. Aizawa moved his hand, so that Eri had more access to you. She sniffled quietly. She felt so very conflicted - this was your child, so she should be happy and supporting, but she didn't think that she would ever be ready to become a big sister, especially since she wasn't actually connected to you by DNA. What if you couldn't keep two children, or you didn't want her anymore, or you forgot about her?

A gentle, reassuring hand wove its way through her snowy locks. You leaned in, pressing your lips against the top of her head. Aizawa sighed softly, snaking his arms around Eri, so the three of you were in a tight hug.

Humming, you asked, "What is it, sweetie?"

She shook her head, feeling unworthy of tears.

"You can tell us. Is there something you need?" Aizawa questioned, releasing both of you.

Again, her head shook. You looked at the ebony-haired male, then back at Eri. By this time, she had detached herself from your warmth, stepping back slightly, and she now had her hands covering her face. You could hear so many heart-breaking sounds: she was sniffling, crying, hiccuping. After everything life had thrown at her, you refused to believe that she deserved this.

"Eri..." You started, voice silky and unwavering. "Is it about this?"

She watched you point to your stomach. She hesitated, but eventually nodded, hanging her head in shame. You sighed, pulling her towards you gently, planting one hand atop her hair, and raking your fingers through it. You started attempting to comfort her, and for a while, you simply let her cry, as much as it shattered you inside.

"It won't change anything, I promise." You stated, looking at her.

Her eyes were puffy. "I-I don't want to get in the way..."

"Eri, we might not be biologically related, but you're still our daughter. Nothing is going to change that. Besides, you're going to be a big sister! It will be exciting, I promise. It's a new experience, and we can all grow from it." You wiped some of her tears away.

She looked to be cheering up a little, but her expression still held large amounts of sorrow. It seemed as though she was contemplating your words, really taking them to heart. She gulped, slapping her cheeks lightly.

"I'm s-sorry." She muttered, trying to keep her eyes off the ground.

Shaking your head, you shuffled forwards to take her hands in yours.

 "You'll be an amazing big sister, Eri! Aizawa and I love you very much, and the little one will, too!"

In response, Aizawa coughed, nodding and glancing to the side, the faintest hint of a smile present on his lips. 

[Word Count: 775]