Katsuki Bakugou {3}

Requested by: QuixoticEnigma

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The day panned out as usual – Bakugou's incessant screams and curses flooding the classroom, his declarations of war to other students, All Might's boisterous laughter while everything goes to chaos, and of course, your cheerful self, back to normal so as not to further worry the explosive blonde.

For all that you knew, he viewed you as an equal. This, however, scratched only the surface of his true feelings. Although he made it apparent he didn't wish to divulge his emotions with anyone, the Bakusquad saw the way he looked at you, and how he would lower his voice when you approached. It was slight, but certainly there.

On a number of occasions, you received 'love letters' from various classmates, either posing as Bakugou or attempting to elicit at least a sliver of jealousy from him. Pandemonium often ensued, with the blonde furiously claiming that he would never love you, blatantly lying through his aggressive façade.

This happened at intervals in the weeks preceding your talk with Bakugou, and you had to admit it was rather humorous. Except when he yelled rabid complaints along the lines of "WHY WOULD I EVER LOVE HER?"

You continued being outwardly jovial, greeting him every morning, and when you passed in the corridors, but internally, you were breaking down. Crying alone at night appeared to be your only comfort.

"Oi. Oi!"

Forceful hands shook you from your daydream, the speaker becoming ever more annoyed as you avoided both his words and his gaze.

"Listen to me!" As usual, his tone was moderately softer around you, although you still heard the aggravated undertone.

Sighing, you allowed your eyes to trail his face, eventually meeting a pair of irate ruby eyes. In spite of your tiredness, you willed your expression to quickly morph from despondent to cheerful.

"Hey Bakugou. What's the matter?"

Your question came because of the face he was pulling. It was the most conflicted you had ever seen him before. Without scanning the classroom, or giving you notice, he yanked you from your seat and dragged you out of the classroom, much to the amusement of onlookers.

As soon as you couldn't be overheard, he started to speak.

"I told you to be in a better mood." His voice was gruff, and he sighed in an agitated manner.

"Bakugou, that was weeks ag-"

"Katsuki." He stated, glancing to the side in an effort to hide his blossoming cheeks.

A moment of pure confusion passed, signalling that he had to reiterate.

His tone told you that he was far from impressed. "Call me Katsuki."

"R-Right..." You trailed off, practising the name a few times in your head.

It gave you a tingling sensation, as if you had just been shocked with a less powerful version of Kaminari's quirk. Normally, he wouldn't let just anyone use his forename. Not even Midoriya was bestowed that privilege, despite them being childhood friends.

Some part of you wanted to question him, to ask what he meant. However, before that even became an option, your senses were filled with the almost overbearing smell of deodorant, as well as the feel of his spiky hair prodding your face.

He had pulled you in for a hug.

As if this wasn't confusing enough.

"K-Katsuki? What ar-" He cut you off by a short, awkward, jealous peck on the lips.

Your cheeks exploded with colour – various shades of crimson dotted your complexion, so that it soon matched Bakugou's eyes. His head turned quickly, refusing to give you so much as a glance.

"I-I like you, o-okay?"

You expected him to be angry, to shout, but those words he spoke with caution. They weren't anywhere near his usual pitch.

A blithe smile graced your features as you placed gentle hands on his cheeks, luring him in for another delicious kiss.

"I like you too."

[Word Count: 643]