Tamaki Amajiki

Requested by: SofiplaysMC

--------------------------------------

"This is really nice, Amajiki."

Awoken from his fantasies by your harmonious voice, the ravenette displayed flushed features, and began frantically waving his hands about, stuttering cutely.

To this, you gifted him a series of light giggles, further painting his cheeks crimson. Shyly, he glanced away, veiling his face from your soft (e/c) eyes.

In all honesty, he had Mirio and Nejire to thank for this. They were the ones who arranged everything, having being bored with your lack of action. Amajiki was even more fragile around you, and for good reason. For a number of years, the feelings he harboured towards you were way past the limits of mere friendship.

Though, because of his nervous demeanour and futile attempts to gain your attention, the two of you hadn't conversed that much.

He desperately wanted that to change.

Your eyes darted to his twitching ears, and you tentatively leaned closer, startling him with your feathery touch. His face instantly exploded in the darkest shade of red imaginable. His own eyes widened, and he jolted away from your hand. Thinking that you had offended him, you retracted, settling your hand back on the table.

"Sorry..." You apologised sincerely.

Horrified that he might have ruined his chances, he hung his head in embarrassment.

"N-No...it w-was an o-overreaction."

With a gentle but disheartened smile, you decided to try your luck talking to him. You genuinely hoped that perhaps eventually, he would open up to you.

"It was nice of Mirio and Nejire to invite us here, wasn't it? It's a shame they were busy."

Through his hair, Amajiki gazed at your bright eyes in longing. He processed your words; obviously that was just another part of their scheme. He wasn't sure whether to be annoyed at them for deceiving you, or be thankful that it meant time alone.

Regardless, he listened intently as you rattled on. He learned things about your home life; school; friends, even the crush you had as a young child. This got to him of course, as he was too self-conscious to even think that it might have been him.

"Anyway, Amajiki, tell me something about you."

He froze.

You wanted to know about him?

What should he say?

"I-I like...b-butterflies..." He mumbled, subconsciously.

As soon as the words left his mouth, he was deeply in regret. Why had he said that? It was stupid, mundane and childish. Surely you would be better off with someone who shared your interests more.

"Aww, that's cute!" You beamed, shocking him.

"Y-You don't t-think it's w-weird?" He managed, nearly choking out the sentence.

You shook your head firmly. "Not at all. In fact, I love them too!"

Having successfully lured him into a conversation, you milked it; speaking of hobbies, likes and dislikes – just generally getting to know each other better. Ultimately, he relaxed, relieving his tension and your worry. Every so often, you would assure him that he was neither strange, nor an outsider, but a decent human being.

And, unfortunately, the more you talked, the shorter your time together grew. Glancing out of the window, you were met with almost total darkness.

"Ah! It got really late! I need to go."

The two of you stood and made your way out of the building. However, once you felt the cold air, you also felt heavy rain. It was lashing down, and you had failed to bring an umbrella.

"Wah...it's cold." You complained jokingly.

Amajiki swallowed his apprehension, opting instead to sling his arm around your waist, and pull your body into his. For a moment, this disorientated you, but soon you gave in to his warmth. Mimicking his actions, you wrapped your arms around him, snuggling into his chest.

"(Y-Y/n)." He called.

It sounded as if he was trying his hardest to be confident, so you positioned your head in such a way that you could look into his eyes. Apparently this only made him more nervous though.

"I-I-I...I l-lo-" He paused, seemingly to compose himself.

"I l-love y-you..."

Squeezing his eyes shut, he readied his heart for the imminent rejection. Somewhat dumbfounded, and in definite awe, your gaze stayed glued to his pale complexion.

"I love you too..." Your voice was a mere whisper, but he heard it.

His orbs fluttered open, and he looked at you with a mixture of confusion, love, embarrassment and hope. To him, it was unbelievable; someone as beautiful and talented as you returned his feelings.

"R-R-Really?" He sought clarification – he needed to be sure that this wasn't all some cruel dream.

Softening your stare, you smiled tenderly. Standing on your tip-toes, although refusing to release him from your hold, you watched as his face morphed into a variety of expressions. Finally, you pressed your lips to his in a chaste kiss, pulling away almost as soon as you started.

Hurriedly and anxiously, he swooped in to connect your lips again. It was longer this time, incorporating years of pent up love.

"Yes, Tamaki. Really."

[Word Count: 833]