Katsuki Bakugou

Requested by: bessttie

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Miscellaneous emotions, most of which were monstrously unappealing, flooded his head, sending him into a frenzy of violent head movements and screams. These were what he would rather remain compressed, stuffed into the bowels of his mind, never gracing the light of day.

Although his time in their dingy hideout had been graciously curtailed, the effects of such an experience haunted him. Every time his eyes fluttered shut, agonising recollections of that encounter encapsulated his very being, attempting to lure him ever closer into the midst of villainy.

In his desperation for release, or at the very least, reassurance, he was eternally grateful to have someone he could confide in – someone he trusted, knowing wholeheartedly that they would not judge upon glimpsing his fractured façade.

With despondent tears, he stumbled to collect his cellular device, punching in the number of that one affectionate, understanding, gentle individual.

"Hello? Katsuki?" You questioned, noting the absence of his voice.

"(Y-Y/n)." Endeavouring to contain his sobs, he choked out your name, listening to your panicked words as you processed his condition.

"I promise I'll be there to take care of you in one minute!" You yelled, hardly permitting him to hear the ruckus as you hurried to remove yourself from the room.

"I'm h-holding you t-to that." He managed, ending the call and opting to wait for you patiently, head in his hands, body parked on the edge of the bed.

A few seconds of terrible silence passed, and Bakugou tried pushing out all his negative emotions. Beginning to rock back and forth in an effort to sooth himself, he made you the focal point in his mind, imagining your gorgeous, jubilant smile, and the awe-inspiring way in which your (e/c) would shine whenever he held your hand.

His nails dug into the skin of his arms, leaving profound marks when they detached. No sooner had this bad habit started, than his door swung open, revealing a flushed and panting girl.

Trailing your watery orbs on to Bakugou's fragile form, you swiftly slammed the door closed, bolting to where he sat. Perching beside him, you immediately cradled his body in your arms, allowing a gentle hand to stroke his spiky blonde locks lovingly.

Placing a chaste kiss to his forehead, you barely whispered, "You're safe. You're safe now. So incredibly safe."

Innocently, he leaned into your embrace, savouring all the warm feelings bubbling in his chest.

"I k-know that, stupid."

[Word Count: 407]