Katsuki Bakugou

Requested by: History_storian

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Katsuki, honey, that's really dangerous."

He grunted. "Shut up and enjoy it."

You giggled. "Y'know, ever since we got married, you've become a lot softer."

He buried his head in your shoulder blade, muttering what you guessed was another "Shut up", or something similar. His arms were fastened securely around your waist, although you could feel his grip tightening – you supposed that since he had been through a lot of frightening things during his lifetime (even if he wouldn't admit they scared him), he just didn't ever want anything bad to happen to you. It was true that since your marriage, he had grown more affectionate, and seemed to desire cuddles, kisses and comforting words more often. You acknowledged that he was a handful, and that thought made you laugh. You loved him dearly, and his somewhat niggling personality could never perturb you.

He was as good as gold around you; he helped with the dishes and with cooking – something you were trying to do at the moment – as well as cleaning the house and making sure your workload wasn't too overwhelming. He was all you could have asked for, but amplified. During your childhood days, you always admired him, alongside Midoriya, but he appeared more content around you. Perhaps it was because you actually manifested your quirk at an early age, or maybe due to his superiority complex, which was especially evident towards other males.

"Can you get the plates, please?" You asked, concentrating on not burning your food.

The only response you received was the shuffling of feet, and shortly thereafter, two pristine plates calmly set down on the worktop beside you. Thanking him, you turned your attention to the now completed breakfast, and began the necessary chore of dishing up. Your unusually sluggish husband resumed his position behind you.

You hummed a soft tune, not minding the additional weight placed on your back. He was leaning forwards slightly, taking in the delicious smell of your cooking. He tended not to admit it, as it seemed rather embarrassing, but he absolutely loved your cooking. To him, it was so much better than the crappy food they serve at restaurants, and he would much rather stay at home, helping you make tea.

He released a heavy breath, which made you stop humming. You craned your neck to gauge his expression. You were a little worried, because he didn't generally act like that. He rarely showed any emotions other than love for you, and unadulterated anger for everything else. However, when you noticed that he was simply hungry (his stomach started rumbling, and he got very defensive), you chuckled, pointing to his plate. He snatched it up almost rudely, but you knew he was just desperate to taste your cooking again.

Your Katsuki was a good man.

[Word Count: 471]