Eijiro Kirishima {2}

Requested by a shit ton of people, so here are two separately angsty endings for your sadistic pleasure!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ending 1:

Surprisingly, despite the mild temperature, the ground was as cold and unforgiving as you had imagined. Perhaps it was the mind-numbing notion of heartbreak, or the statement intended by your actions, but a powerful, melancholy force compelled all movements to cease.

Questions with cynical and doleful answers swarmed around your head, eating at your brain, reminiscent of the brutality vultures often showed.

Though vulgar, your twisted expression and solemn demeanour mirrored perfectly the anguish you inadvertently caused Kirishima. He had always been the epitome of flawless – his perpetual, unshakable compassion, his willingness to protect friends and civilians even at the cost of his life, aside many tremendous acts of bravery and heroism.

Sensitivity to the needs of others permeated his being, and it was obvious how his kind-hearted nature affected those who glanced upon him.

Heartache, suffering, despair and misery weren't at all your envisioned outcomes, although you supposed they no longer shaped his life. Finally, he was freed from your captivity – unconstrained by the indecisive words replayed to him daily.

You couldn't be sure how much time vanished from your grasp, or how many cycles of your dismal life would be repeated, as the colour drained from your face, and you awaited the release that would surely come with the closure of the sombre curtain.

Allowing your eyes to flicker shut, a brief flash of crimson darted past your field of vision, before your once illuminated orbs dulled, locking fair daylight out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ending 2:

Awaking to a faint, almost soothing beeping, endeavouring to lull you into a slumber from which there would be no return, you hesitantly allowed a single eye to crack open. In an instant, you sighted numerous disturbing silhouettes – distorted outlines of people you couldn't recognise.

Your vision was obscured by opaque splotches, rendering the faces of those beside you indistinguishable. Any speech slurred around in your head, vaguely resembling words of comfort or guilt.

The world spun as you attempted to comprehend your situation, groggily scanning the surroundings, to no avail. There was a stabbing pain shooting throughout your entire being, disabling any and all movement.

Despite your newfound sanctuary, a distasteful sensation was blossoming inside you. The feeling of utter, unadulterated abhorrence towards your current predicament, as well as your self-proclaimed saviours. A few torturous moments of deliberation passed, awaiting the gradually regained focus of your glazed (e/c) orbs.

When you spoke, there was little coherency, and each sporadic word that escaped your lips trembled. A melancholy air hung low, gently caressing the heads of those underneath.

With reclaimed perception, your eyes wandered forlornly about the room, gracing the features of doctors and classmates alike. A brief, bewildered thought crossed your mind, eliciting a pitiful laugh from your person.

Why did they even bother?

Your muffled outburst caused heads to turn, widening the tear-filled eyes of your former friends. But you refused to return their quivering smiles, the false words of concern rolling off their tongues. Glancing beside you, the source of the dreadful, yet oddly pacifying beeping, became known.

Jutting up and down, in jagged green lines, the beats of your heart were displayed.

Why am I still alive?

A solitary tear descended the length of your cheek. The monitor was within reach, standing at the side of the one loathsome, wretched, disgusting, repulsive piece of apparatus stimulating those strange noises.

Extending an unwavering hand, your fingers wrapped around the cords, tearing them from the wall in a final act of calamity.

As your cumbersome body met the sheets, deaf to the anguished screams of your former friends, a serene smile decorated your face.

Now I won't be a burden.

[Word Count: 610]