Tenya Iida

Requested by: Water_Angel_

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was surprising that you were both a popular idol, and an aspiring hero.

Your quirk had a relation to music, and you tended to use that advantage during performances – mainly to put your perhaps more stressed fans at ease. You were known in part for singing a variety of Vocaloid songs, including Iroha Uta and Echo x Hibikase. Your concerts often encompassed a lot of dancing, and there were loads of other idols who desperately wanted to duet with you. So, as soon as you walked through the door on the first day of school, the classroom erupted in a fit of squeals and shrieks. It turned out that the majority of your peers had either been to one of your live shows, or listened to your songs on repeat regularly.

It honestly astounded you, because you had thought to keep your private life a secret for as long as possible, but since they already knew, there was no point trying to hide anything. Not that you particularly minded. In fact – you were overjoyed when the class president, and your current love interest, asked about seeing one of your performances first-hand. He had heard of you prior to joining the hero course, but he had never actually heard you sing or dance. It was something new, and due to basically everyone else having borne witness to your voice, he obtained the desire to watch you as well.

You immediately agreed, much to his bewilderment, and your eyes sparkled with a mixture of excitement and determination. You would make this the best performance you had ever done, because it was his first, and you wanted to make it as special as humanly possible. The day after he consulted you about his wish, you were handing out tickets to each and every one of your classmates. They were getting super hyped, since your label had decided to host a concert that weekend. You resigned yourself to training your vocal cords to be in the best condition. This had to be the epitome of entertainment; otherwise you wouldn't be able to live with yourself.

The weekend came hurtling towards you at a dangerous speed.

Before you went out on stage, you had to practise breathing techniques so that you wouldn't falter during the performance. The moment you saw his serious expression, you knew time would come to a standstill. It would be as though he was the only person in the crowd, and you were hoping to lure out even the tiniest hint of a smile.

You stepped out, into the blinding lights and facing your adoring crowd. When you opened your mouth, a heavenly sound escaped, changing in pitch quite frequently. Your movements became faster and more sophisticated. Soon, all your background dancers were synchronising, and you took centre stage, looking, and often pointing, directly at your crush.

"Kahit na ika'y nag-iisa

wag ka na malungkot

nandito lang naman ako.

Kahit na tayo'y magkalayo

aking ramdam parin

ang iyong yakap sa gabi.

Ang mga araw na tayo ay

magkasama ay darating.

Wag kang bibitaw sa aking kamay

tayo ay maglalakbay patungo sa

dulo ng mundo'ng ito.

Ipikit mo ang iyong mata at

tayo ay matulog ng mahimbing.

ooh~

Kahit sa pagsapit ng gabi

aking na dirinig

ang boses mo na malambing.

Sa tuwing ika'y lumuluha

kahit magkalayo,

ramdam ko ang 'yong pag-iyak

Ang mga araw na tayo ay

magkasama ay darating na muli.

Ang iyong matamis na halik,

at ang mga araw na tayo ay

magkasama ay darating.

Wag kang bibitaw sa aking kamay

tayo ay maglalakbay patungo sa

dulo ng mundo'ng ito.

Ipikit mo ang iyong mata at

tayo ay matulog ng mahimbing.

ooh~"

It was like you didn't pause for breath during a single song, because when you had completed your set-list, you appeared to be sweating profusely, panting as if you hadn't touched water for decades, and it was an incredibly warm day. You managed to only gaze upon Iida once, and it almost ruined your performance – you stumbled slightly, but your background dancers noticed and stepped into the centre, giving you time to compose yourself. Still, you continued to sing, unperturbed by your small mishap.

When you regrouped with your classmates, there were a lot of joyous, grateful tears. Iida approached you, complementing your voice and the clever dance moves you had created. His features were nearly obscured by his hair, and for a minute, you wondered why, but then you saw traces of a light crimson dusting his cheeks.

He had enjoyed it after all.

[Word Count: 763]