Izuku Midoriya

Requested by: konkerdonkers

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your observations were genuinely innocent – the admiration you held for that cinnamon roll was unadulterated and adorable. Although your actions could have been misconstrued as creepy and stalker-esque, you couldn't escape the binding he seemed to have you in. You followed that bright, determined gaze in his green eyes, and the quiet analysis he did daily. There really was no purer form of tailing someone; it wasn't in your nature to be obsessive.

Despite your many attempts to gain his attention during school hours, you never quite managed, because he always appeared captivated by his chestnut-haired companion. She was beautiful, and far more outgoing than you could ever hope to be. Yet, you didn't give up – you continued following his every ministration, shyly and almost protectively, even though his superior strength was without question.

One day, however, you managed to mess up.

Big time.

While slowly matching his rhythmic movements, you failed to spot a conspicuously-(and conveniently)-placed object on the ground. You tripped, sending your body hurtling down the short hill, where you crashed into him.

Instead of being annoyed like you figured he would be, he regained his footing easily, extending a hand to you. His expression showed only worry. Gulping nervously, you reached out for his hand, revelling in the warmth that came with his touch. He pulled you up, checking your person for any external injuries.

When he couldn't find any, he sighed in relief.

"Do you feel okay? That was a nasty fall."

Keeping your head down, you mumbled, "Y-Yeah. I'm fine."

He smiled gently.

"That's good! Oh – do you live this way too? It's where you were walking, right? I'm surprised I didn't see you." He chuckled, causing a crimson hue to envelop your cheeks.

You willed it to settle before he saw, but it refused to comply. You stayed completely silent, head still tilted downwards, not wishing to let him know what you had been doing. He would surely be irritated, and possibly never want to see you again. Not that he focused on you very much anyway.

"(L/n)?" He questioned.

Then a thought came to him – didn't you live in the opposite direction? He sometimes saw you walking that way with one of the other girls. It was a confusing concept. Maybe you had moved? He didn't realise that he had been muttering to himself until he heard an embarrassed cough. His verdant orbs fell on your figure, shaking slightly.

He decided to test his theory.

"Were you...following me?" He asked cautiously, trying to observe any changes in your demeanour.

You bit your lip, glancing away.

"I – um...I-I'm sorry."

He felt his face heat up a little.

"No, it's um...f-fine, I guess."

He couldn't deny that it was both bewildering and cute – this quiet girl from his class, the same girl he had noticed but lacked the courage to talk to, was following him? It almost fried his circuits.

"Just f-forget about this. P-Please." You pleaded, looking up at him with wide, frightened eyes.

You started manoeuvring away, before he caught your wrist. You yelped faintly, and he released you.

"W-Wait." He began. "D-Do you want to exchange numbers?"

You stared at him like he was speaking a language you didn't understand. Of course you wanted that – you wanted so much more, but this would have to do for now. Sighing, you reflected on the positive aspect of today's failure – at least he didn't hate you. 

[Word Count: 574]