Toshinori Yagi ღ All Might

Requested by: _Sir_Cinnamon_

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You had always been someone that he admired. Your timid personality and strong quirk often made you the centre of attention, and you were loved by all, heroes and civilians alike. He reminisced about working with you once or twice in the distant past – you had really impressed him, and as a result, your smiling visage was forever engrained into his mind; it was a shy smile, but one that he absolutely adored.

In a way, his young apprentice, Midoriya, reminded him of you, although perhaps a little more confident. You didn't at all like being in the public eye, but your determination and heroic outlook led you down the path of a pro. Much like his colleague, Aizawa, you strayed far from the media, but you were so very kind and gracious, that you caused his heart to flutter nervously whenever you were close. Of course, he had never confessed – he was a working professional, and he didn't generally have the time. If the opportunity arose, however, then he told himself that he would confront you.

You would be shocked, obviously; the Number One hero wanted to be with you? It was entirely likely that you would anxiously laugh it off and try to pretend as though he hadn't just played the world's cruellest prank. He figured that he would be required to inform you that he was being genuine, and he really did want to be with you. Maybe, just maybe, you would accept his confession, and the two of you would be able to start a family? That had to be some time in the future, of course, since both of you would be out all the time, either on patrol or fighting villains.

He never imagined that his downfall would come before he ever got the chance to tell you how he felt. His fight with All For One left him crippled, and with a lessened amount of confidence. He had lied to you, never showing you his true form, so why on earth would you accept him now?

These thoughts were swirling around his head during the battle, although he really should have been focusing on the murderous figure in front of him. All For One laughed and displayed knowledge of the cause of his distraction – he taunted All Might, ensuring the hero was fully enraged and capable of taking him down. He listed off things that he was planning to let his subordinates do to you, including torture, rape and execution.

You were completely oblivious to these words, as the camera crew couldn't get close enough for the audio. They could only hear the absolute destruction brought on by the collapsing of buildings and desolation of land. You watched him make his final stand – his final act of heroism – with tears brimming in the corners of your eyes. You cheered him on from the bottom of your heart – you screamed words of encouragement, although you knew he could not hear. Your voice could not be drowned out even by the echoing of millions of other voices. You wanted, no – you needed him to survive this. You needed to tell him everything that you had kept a secret thus far. You had to let him know how much you truly cared.

The villains would not be taking the Symbol of Peace from you today.

He was also the object of your utmost affections, and you couldn't stand to watch him being so badly beaten. Thankfully, the fight ended within a matter of minutes, despite it feeling like an eternity. All Might pointed at the camera and spoke a very cryptic sentence, before he was rushed off to the nearest hospital. As soon as your rationality had returned, and you stopped crying, you leapt from your seat, making haste towards the very hospital in which he was now detained.

You practically flew through the doors, startling the receptionists, and frantically began asking where he was. They were reluctant to tell you, but you assured them that you were a close friend, and so they showed you the room. You paused outside the door for a few seconds, hesitating, trying to push away your nagging doubt. Finally, you opened the door, revealing a weakened All Might, a veteran pro hero, and a police detective. You flushed, stuttering something about coming back some other time, but All Might decided that you were important enough to replace the two males.

They left, and you were alone with the former Symbol of Peace.

You gazed down at your lap, becoming shyer and shyer by the second. He revelled in your concern, allowing a placid smile to envelop his entire face. He moved a hand towards you, making your eyes flutter upwards. They still retained traces of tears.

"You were crying?" He asked.

"I-I thought you w-were g-going to d-die..." You sputtered, in a quiet voice.

He chuckled. "You can't kill the Symbol of Peace."

"I can't, b-but...that man – h-he was..." You trailed off, trying to find the right words.

He frowned. "Forget about him. That's in the past now. He's been put away for good. The world can rest easy for a while."

You shook your head. "You s-still got i-injured. Really b-badly!"

"This? This is nothing." He gestured to his fatigued form, attempting to alleviate some of your pain.

"I-It's not nothing..." You sighed.

"Well, thanks for caring, anyway. I'm sorry I never told you about my weakened body, or the truth of my quirk."

"I d-don't care about t-that. Just, p-please be more careful!"

He smiled. "Yeah, I will be. Y'know, I always loved that about you."

You stiffened.

"Your empathy – the way you care so much for others. You're much kinder than a lot of the pros I know, and you don't care for fame or money – you genuinely want to help people. The world needs more of that nowadays." He stated.

You mumbled something incoherent, but it caught his attention, and he implored you to repeat it. You were extremely hesitant, but eventually complied.

Gulping, you repeated, "I-I love your humility, a-as well..." 

[Word Count: 1017]