Izuku Midoriya

Requested by: _Jimochiii

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Childhood friendship steadily blossomed into something much more beautiful.

That is, it did for you. The romantic interest you harboured for a certain green-haired boy was pure, and in the beginning, it felt euphoric. You were on cloud nine - your emotions didn't lie, and you desperately wanted to confess to him, and while you were sure he would accept (or at the very least, remain very good friends), you were still slightly shy about it. You weren't exactly certain he would even be able to properly process the information, because of how he was treated by his peers, and the minor trust issues that came with it.

You really wanted to make him happy - the happiest person in the entire world. To you, it didn't matter that he was quirkless, so long as you adored his personality and the timid, adorable behaviours he displayed. You always defended him against his main tormentor, even though he pleaded for you to stop. He didn't wish for any harm to come to you, and it wasn't really as if he could help you if something did happen. Luckily, you were able to hold your own against Bakugou.

When all three of you made it into the hero department of UA, there was much confusion and joy. Well, you were beyond ecstatic, and didn't care if he had been hiding a quirk this whole time. Of course, you knew this couldn't have been the case, because the two of you were best friends and shared everything, all the time. He wouldn't forget to inform you of something so significant, and you were certain that he would never purposefully hide it from you. This meant it must have been a late-onset power, but once again, you tried not to think too far into it. As long as he was happy and able to pursue his dream, that was the only thing you cared about. You had been with him at that awful moment in his childhood, when the doctor informed him that he would never manifest a quirk, and you witnessed his devastation. So now, despite it not making much sense, you couldn't have been more excited for him.

However, as he became happier and happier, gathering an entourage of around three individuals, but sometimes more. That didn't include you, because you often had lots of school work and responsibilities. This unfortunately caused you to drift further and further apart. One day, you decided to herd all your courage, and confess your feelings. You weren't able to catch him before the start of lesson, so you waited until break. You were apprehensive, but also pretty confident. The two of you were such good friends, and you had assumed him to be dropping hints for a while now, so you expected everything to go smoothly.

As soon as the bell rang, you packed your stationary and started walking towards his desk.

"Hey Izuku!" You waved, earning a similar greeting.

"Is something wrong?" He asked, being as annoyingly observant as always.

"Oh, I just wanted to talk to you." A cough interrupted your sentence, and you turned to a chestnut-haired girl, before requesting: "Preferably alone."

He looked extremely guilty at that moment. "I'm really sorry, but I have plans with Uraraka right now! Um...can we talk later?"

You sighed. "Sure..."

However, as you imagined, later never came, and all day, you were forced to observe the flushed faces of your friends as they conversed with each other. It became painfully apparent that there was something more to those expressions. Your seatmate noticed the forlorn atmosphere surrounding you, and glanced over to where you were looking. They jolted anxiously, clearly privy to something you were not. It seemed like nobody wanted to explain the situation, because when you caught the eyes of various classmates, they would swiftly look away, and no-one said anything about the uncomfortable incident.

Another sigh escaped your lips, prompting Kaminari to wave his hands around in panic. You didn't think that your feelings were known to the rest of your friends, but apparently they knew something. The electric blonde looked around the room frantically, then leaned over to whisper in your ear.

"You know they're dating, right? Midoriya and Uraraka." He clarified, although at this point, he really didn't need to.

It was unfortunate, but you had already guessed the worst possible circumstance, and to make matters worse, he hadn't even cared enough to tell you himself. 

[Word Count: 743]