Denki Kaminari

Witnessing his face swiftly morph from teasing and jovial to utterly dejected, elicited a certain amount of pity. However much he wished to deny it, flirting was not his strong suit. While his eyes, at the forefront, still displayed hints of cheerfulness, there was a pain lying underneath, due to the constant rejection.

When the back of his latest target was turned, he stalked away sluggishly, shoulders slumped and irises downcast. Propping an elbow on the desk, he opted to rest his face on his hand, drawing invisible circles on the wood. The despondency showcased caused an assortment of mismatched emotions to float around your head.

While there was a genuine urge to aid his struggles, selfishness halted your initial movement. What if, in helping him, someone actually fell for his charm? Horrified with yourself, you quickly shook away the thoughts, ambling to his desk silently. He appeared not to have noticed your proximity, as a gentle tap on the shoulder nearly made him jump a mile.

Plastering on what you immediately knew to be a façade, he yelled, "Hey (Y/n)!"

Sighing, you reciprocated his greeting, swallowing every selfish word threatening to escape your lips.

"You're not very convincing."

A bewildered glint briefly flashed in his eyes, before he replied, "What do you mean?"

"Exactly what I said. Your flirting is awful, and I know you're upset." Taking a breath, you refrained from proclaiming your innermost emotions.

Sheepishly, he scratched the back of his neck. "You saw that...haha."

"...I can give you some advice?" Silently, you cursed the hesitation in your voice. However, your companion hadn't yet seemed to register it.

Instantaneously, the electric blonde's dull eyes illuminated, sending a faint, unwarranted scarlet hue to your features. The atmosphere around him buzzed, although his quirk wasn't activated. A wide, mischievous grin shaped his lips, very nearly causing him to resemble the Cheshire Cat.

"You can?!" His tone was laced with excitement, and you could practically see the enthusiasm radiating off him.

With another moderately discouraged sigh, you nodded, electing to borrow a fellow classmate's chair, in order to sit opposite him. Impassively, you began droning on about what he ought and ought not to do. Unsurprisingly, he was incredibly attentive, leaning in closely so as to gather all the information.

"Alright, so...no pick-up lines. They're too cheesy and make a lot of people feel uncomfortable. Don't get too touchy-feely, either – keep a comfortable distance." As you were speaking, he retrieved a notebook from his personal belongings, promptly opening it to a fresh page and writing down every last thing he heard.

This amused you greatly, mostly because you got your flirting license  in a cereal box. To put it simply, the intelligence you were relaying had been memorised a few nights ago, for this exact occasion. Still, his spirits were lifted and he now appeared ecstatic.

"Be gentlemanly, or, the opposite of Bakugou. Maybe give her an affectionate nickname, to make her feel special. But, the most important thing is confidence. A lot of the time, girls like the boys to initiate things, so keep that in mind."

Throughout your interaction, his imagination started running wild – in quite a cliché way, he wondered about applying your methods to you. A blotch of crimson crept to his face, temporarily settling on his cheeks. His golden eyes graced the lined pages before him, carefully surveying the advice engraved on to them. The opaque ink swirled together in a distorted mess, as his mind attempted to make sense of this new emotion.

Was he really...falling for you?

[Word Count: 596]