Keigo Takami ღ Hawks {2}

Book 2 is out now!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pretending to be wounded, you held your leg, beginning to hobble outside the abandoned building. You were a good distance from it, although it was still visible, so you looked lost, rather than suspicious. Tears pricked at the corners of your eyes, since you wanted this to seem as believable as possible. If nothing else, it would be an entertaining night. Dabi and Hawks split, the latter turning and walking in your direction. When he was in your peripheral vision, you yelped, tightening the grip on your leg. Shortly thereafter, you fell to the ground with a thud. You spotted the pro bounding towards you, a look of panic adorning his features. He dropped down beside you, placing reassuring hands on your shoulders.

"Hey, are you alright? You probably shouldn't be around these parts. They're dangerous." He monologued, helping you stand.

You began fake crying, but it was completely real to Hawks. "P-Please..." You held on to his tan jacket, burying your face in it and staining it with tears.

"What's up?" He asked, supporting your leg.

"H-Help...please." You whispered the last part, hands trembling. "They - T-They're following me! I-I was just walking, and t-they jumped out, a-and..."

You motioned towards your leg, signalling that these mystery people were the ones who caused the injury. Hawks nodded, keeping silent as he checked the surrounding area. He couldn't see anybody immediately, but as he looked again, he caught something moving in the bushes, then something else off to the side. His brows furrowed. You felt gloves against your skin, and suddenly, he had hoisted you up into his arms. Despite the obvious concern, he plastered a goofy grin on to his face. Flapping his ginormous, beautiful wings, he lifted both of you into the air, taking off into the night. He made sure to hold you close, telling you to wrap your arms around his neck, for the utmost safety.

"Do they know where you live?" He questioned, already heading in the direction of his own home.

Nuzzling your face into his jacket, you responded, "I-I think so."

"Hm. In that case, I'll take you to my place for a bit, patch you up and send you off. In the morning, of course - I wouldn't let a pretty lady walk home in the dark." He smiled, watching the rising moon.

"T-Thank you." Your words were laced with poison, although he couldn't tell.

You were a master at deception, and you really wanted to play with this one. If he was genuinely going to try tending to your 'injuries', then you would have to do take him out of commission almost as soon as you entered his house. That might be pretty tricky, but it was worth a shot, simply because he was a gorgeous specimen. You had to have him. He was going to be yours, whether he liked it or not. You knew he was a charmer, and that his compliments most likely meant nothing, but you weren't about to give him up without a fight. You were rather confident in your abilities, but could you really assault him in his own home? Well, you would have to, otherwise you were in big trouble.

A few times during the flight, you nearly slipped and fell to your death. This resulted in him pressing you flush against his chest. You inhaled his sandalwood scent, revelling in this newfound comfort. Yes, you really needed this man. He needed you, as well, he just didn't realise it yet. When his house came into view, he pointed it out, smiling and flying down to it. He walked through the door with you still in his arms. He proceeded to sit you on a couch, being mindful of your 'injured' leg. You watched him wander into the next room, and heard what sounded suspiciously like him tearing the place apart to find a first aid kit. He didn't initially see anything wrong with your leg, which got him thinking. The man was smart. He wasn't quite sure he was read to believe that you were wholly evil, but the chances of stumbling upon you at that abandoned, dilapidated building were very slim, even if you truly did become lost somehow. He was hoping you would make a mistake at some point, but you never did. He rummaged around in the room, under the guise of finding something to help you. In reality, he was biding his time. Why had he even bothered to bring you home? Perhaps it was the hero in him, that desired to aid the seemingly wounded young woman.

You were a beauty, sure, but that was no reason to take you home, especially not when you were a little shady. So yeah, it was most likely the hero in him. Could he convince you to betray the League? Were you even affiliated with them? Did Dabi send you? He wouldn't allow Hawks to meet the boss, and appeared to be extremely distrustful of the pro. It was understandable, but, sending a girl? Would he even do that? Surely, if he wished to kill Hawks, then he would have already tried, and he wouldn't let anyone steal his glory.

He shuffled back into the other room, treading carefully. You were perched exactly where he had left you, and he ambled forwards slowly. He half expected you to say something, give yourself away, like most movie villains did. However, upon closer inspection, he noticed that your (e/c) eyes were closed, and your breathing was incredibly steady. Also, you were keeping up the injured act.

"How are you feeling?" He asked, cautiously, taking a seat on the opposing couch.

"Oh, fine." Okay, so you weren't stuttering anymore.

He hummed, reclining back. "So, why were you out there?"

"I was being chased." You lied. "There were three men, I think. They had powerful quirks. You don't believe me, do you?"

"To be completely honest: no." He removed his visor.

You chuckled. "Then why did you let me in? You could have taken me to the hospital."

"But you're not actually injured, so what's the point?" He smirked, trying to gently coerce a confession out of you.

Your eye twitched. "Point taken. What do you want?"

His smirk widened. "What do you want?"

A giggle passed your lips. "I want you, Hawks."

[Word Count: 1057]