Shouto Todoroki

May be slightly triggering.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sheer willpower required to commit such an atrocious act caught you at a loss – the first few attempts were torturous and feeble; they did not garner the desired results. Obtaining something sharper and more suitable from the shared kitchen area, you settled down on a couch, rolling up your sleeve. It would be anything but suspicious, seen as though you practically always wore long-sleeve tops.

Initially, the incisions were light and cautious. However, as you grew more confident, they became deeper and more prominent.

A satisfying red liquid oozed from your many cuts. They were all unique, with differing lengths and depths. Time melted away as you hacked at your skin, trying desperately to create even a few fatal wounds. Your vision gradually became fuzzier, and soon, you were unable to distinguish your bodily features. As everything came crashing to a blurry standstill, radio-like static buzzing in your ears, a single classmate entered the space.

When he saw you, covered in blood and close to passing out, he ran in your direction, just managing to catch your figure as it flopped against the couch. He attempted to yell, but soon realised that his voice had fallen on deaf ears.

Panicking, he grabbed your body and rushed to the main school building, where, luckily, Recovery Girl remained. Witnessing the damage, she immediately set to work healing you, all the while, your self-titled 'guardian' watched over you anxiously, awaiting positive signs. He wasn't used to dealing with these sorts of repressed emotions – not from another human.

He hated that it had to be you.

What cruel fantasy were you living?

"Self-inflicted, dearie?" The pro questioned, snapping Shouto out of his thoughts.

Gritting his teeth, he responded, "Yes."

Absentmindedly, he caressed your hand, hoping that he had brought you in time. This was his first experience with your dangerous hobby, and he was far from impressed, because he wanted to keep you safe. If he couldn't do that, then how could he call himself a hero? What possibly pained him more, however, was the notion that perhaps you didn't trust him enough to share this information.

You needed to be safe.

He had promised to start a family with you. Granted – you were unaware, but that had no impact on the facts. He loved you so much that he oftentimes suffered from terrible heart palpitations. Your smile was heavenly; your voice was angelic; your beautiful (e/c) eyes gleamed with a strong determination.

"You should tell her." Recovery Girl suddenly spoke, taking the boy by surprise.

"Tell her what...?" He mumbled.

She sighed gently. "It's obvious how much she means to you. Anyone can see it."

Shouto tried to swallow the lump forming in his throat.

"The poor girl seems deprived of that type of affection – she's suffering greatly from depression, and finds it impossible to see her good qualities. I'd say that she needs someone in her life at the moment; she needs a person who will listen, and who cares enough to help. She's so focused on the end goal, and fulfilling others' expectations, that she's failing to recognise her own wishes."

Her smile was sympathetic.

"She needs a hero."

[Word Count: 530]