Shouto Todoroki {Soulmate AU} {1}

Requested by: InSaNiTyOtAkUeVe

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

{Soulmate AU: If a person writes on their body, their soulmate will also acquire that writing}.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Acquiring a harasser did not make life easy.

Least of all because it was the infamous, cold-hearted Shouto Todoroki. Girls fawned over him, but he seemed obsessed with making you as depressed as possible. You never understood what made him so attractive – his personality seldom allowed a chance at conversation.

That's why it was odd when he started bullying you.

Although, you supposed, being quirkless, someone (or multiple people) were bound to terrorise you. But this wasn't like Deku's torment – unlike him, you regularly dabbled in black magic as a quirk replacement. This made you a prime target for the major school bullies.

Todoroki was that one person who was way out of your league, but who you were beginning to fall for nevertheless. These feelings scared you immensely, and you pushed them away.

Or, at least you tried to.

The two of you had never before spoken, but, passing you in class, he bumped your shoulder with force, apologising slyly, not a trace of guilt in his expression.

That night, you lay awake thinking about the day's events; he somehow also managed to knock your food off the plate at lunch, and shove you into the locker at the end of the day.

The only person you felt able to confide in was your soulmate – they had been 'with you' all your life. The first communication came when you wrote your name and a greeting on your arm. When you got a reply, you were over the moon. However, they never told you their name.

Later, you found out that it was indeed a boy, and so you wrote to each other daily. He would comfort you during your depressive episodes, and you eased the tensions about his father.

Picking up a pen, you brought it to your skin.

Is now a good time to talk?

A few moments went by without a response, but you eventually saw the markings of a pen, followed by his clear words.

Now is fine. Are you alright?

Smiling to yourself gently, you tried to focus more on him than your aforementioned bully.

I'm okay...I just wanted to talk.

I see. Talk away.

His short replies made you chuckle, and you wondered about relaying your thoughts on Todoroki. After all, you could trust your soulmate – it was entirely likely that he didn't know him, anyway.

There's...this boy in my class.

You started writing, pausing briefly to admire the sad words.

Do you like him?

A question was posed – you were certain that you did not have feelings for Todoroki.

It's not that. He's started bullying me, and I don't know what to do.

Your clarification felt like a burden lifted from your shoulders. It took longer than you had expected, but your soulmate reacted with an almost equally dampened tone.

Oh...I'm sorry. Is there something I can do?

Gazing at the words on your arm, the ink appeared to roll on to the bed sheets, mirroring the tears now streaming down your face.

Just...talk to me. Please.

You realised that you now sounded desperate, but a banging had begun in your head, and your bed was being stained with tears.

...I met a girl today.

Sobbing, your voice got louder as you stared at your arm.

Do you like her?

The retort was malicious – nothing you would have usually written.

Yes.

With that, your heart broke. Although, you supposed, this was a boy you had never even met.

What did you do...?

You were so very close to throwing away the pen and ignoring the words being inked on to your skin.

I...made a mistake. I hurt her.

Well, it seemed he was in the opposite position to you.

How?

You reasoned that it might be best to at least save one relationship.

I wasn't sure how to talk to her.

The tears were flowing freely, but you kept writing.

But...you love her?

Closing your eyes, you tilted your head up, trying to clear your bleeding thoughts.

More than she will ever know.

Your breathing became yet more rugged. But...something was compelling you to ask a fateful question.

How much did you hurt her?

This time, you had predicted the delayed response, so it came as no surprise when there were no words for a while. However, hours passed, and there was still nothing. Lying in bed, all you could do was cry yourself to sleep.

Awaking the next morning, you went about your daily routine of spending more time than was necessary staring at the wall blankly, before noticing the writing.

Jumping up, you threw on your uniform and bolted for the front door.

Too much. I'm sorry (Y/n).

[Word Count: 778]