Eijiro Kirishima

An unnecessarily rambunctious troupe wandered the main streets, searching out the most popular shops and eateries. It consisted of an electric blonde, an animated girl with pink skin, a perpetually furious boy, some plain-looking guy, and a spiky red-head.

"Hey, where should we go next?"

"Can we pick up some girls?"

"Uh, guys..."

Craning their necks to focus on Kirishima, they noted something barrelling towards them. Before they had time to react, the foreign object crashed into them with amazing precision – it somehow managed to knock every single one of them down.

"Ouch."

Collectively, they emitted a disgruntled sound. Regaining a meagre amount of her composure, Ashido opened her eyes, immediately spotting the source of their problem. Gasping loud enough to alert the others, she got to her knees, wordlessly crawling up to the figure.

Tears cascaded down the face of a small child. Quite obviously distressed and missing his relatives, the boy's cries resonated in the ears of the group.

Grasping the child's shoulder, Ashido muttered, "Hey, Hey! It's gonna be alright!"

He failed to acknowledge her, instead continuing to pour his tiny heart out. Concerned glances were thrown about the four who externally gave a damn. Questions were raised, but with no definitive answers, as they could not get the boy to converse.

--

Naivety led you to believe that your three year old demon spawn could be allowed out of your eye sight, although only for a minute. Refocusing your attention on the spot of pavement on which he was situated, you realised, to your horror, that he was nowhere to be found.

Cursing silently, you promptly broke into a run, searching every crevice of the streets. Despite never truly knowing his father's quirk, you confessed to having an idea of his – speed.

Emotional affliction encompassed your entire being. Hammering erratically in your chest, your heart held a great deal of sorrow.

After a brief intermission, giving you time to catch your breath, you resumed the exploration. Rounding a corner, you overheard a puzzled conversation.

"Where did he even come from?"

"How should I know? I'm not his mother."

"You're also not a woman, Bakugou."

Apprehension welling up inside your body, you ambled into their view. Instantaneously, all eyes fixed on your form. Heeding the melancholy glint in your (e/c) orbs, they stepped aside, permitting you a clear glimpse of your son. Sensing the atmospheric shift, he turned his head towards you.

Dazed, his hands dropped to his sides. Infinitely relieved, both parties immediately ran forwards, encasing each other in their arms.

A period of solaced silence ensued, before you finally looked up.

Gifting the group a gentle smile, you whispered, "Thank you."

"Anytime, miss." The crimson-haired one reciprocated your gesture.

Their anxiety subdued, his companions waved goodbye, opting to meander away from the scene.

Only Kirishima remained.

Softly stroking your young child's (h/c) locks, while muttering words of comfort, you simultaneously stared at the lingering student's charming scarlet eyes. You hoped that your grateful gaze would transfer everything you wished to say. As if recognising the profound meaning behind it, he snaked a nervous hand to his neck.

"Um...I know this might be inappropriate, but...how old are you, exactly?"

Yet another benevolent smile graced your features at his question.

"Twenty."

Flourishing beautifully, his cheeks soon became redolent of his hair. Various incoherent noises escaped his mouth, eliciting a giggle from your person. Guessing he was a few years your junior, a mild ache punctured your heart.

Well, your son did need a father.

[Word Count: 589]