Momo Yaoyorozu

Worry clouded her mind like a thick screen of smoke, as she plodded limply along the bustling street, all the while adorning a frail bravado. On paper, your hero agency had stood out to her the most – you had specifically requested that she spend the week with you, and after only a few minutes of deliberation, she elected to choose your agency.

She had honestly never heard of you before, but that was to be expected since you were a relatively new Hero, though one who had created quite a monopoly in your assigned area. A few months was all it took to climb up the ranks into the top ten heroes, and Yaoyorozu desperately hoped for a taste of your wisdom and guidance.

The building your agency was situated in loomed over the prefecture, as a warning for all rogue villains, and those with malicious intent.

Entering, Yaoyorozu was overcome with a sudden wave of animation. There were people hurrying about the place, shouting into phones and shoving stacks of paperwork on to multiple desks. There was an upbeat buzz in the air that she couldn't quite place.

That was, until she rounded a corner and ambled through various doors, eventually leading her to a room perhaps bigger than it needed to be – she only guessed that it was necessary for accommodating those with claustrophobia or holding meetings.

Your desk was at the far end of the room, placed so that you were able to overlook the city simply by swivelling your chair. The harsh sunlight streaked through the partially closed curtains, illuminating one half of your face nicely. As soon as Yaoyorozu stepped into the room, you glanced up, and she noticed that you had been sitting on your desk, facing the door.

A monotonous, half-lidded gaze at some unwanted papers lifted at her entrance, contorting into an expression of pure enthusiasm. She was momentarily taken aback, as you threw the papers back on to the desk and started towards her. She absentmindedly put one foot up against the door, which you noted with mild discontent.

"You're Momo Yaoyorozu, correct? I appreciate you choosing my agency!"

Your voice, along with the blinding sunlight, made you reminiscent of an angel, as the sun's glare formed a halo shape around your head. A jovial giggle burst from your throat as you watched her pale features slowly redden. She barely managed a nod in acknowledgement, so you decided to attempt further conversation.

"Congratulations on the Sports Festival, by the way! I recognised the dejected glint in your eyes, and I was wondering why you would feel that way when you did so well...?"

Her blossoming cheeks turned a darker red as embarrassment set in. She had wanted to forget it completely, and she certainly hadn't expected any positive comments. The overwhelming feeling of gratitude caused her breath to hitch and her beautiful, black orbs to wander timidly.

"I-I...I was a complete failure. I c-couldn't do anything against Tokoyami." Her voice cracked as she was forced to relive the painful event.

"I'm such a failure..."

She whispered so quietly you almost had to strain to hear the melancholy tone present, lording over all the other emotions – sadness, rejection, meek jealousy.

Tears welled up in her eyes, obscuring her surroundings. With a knowing smile, you walked forwards, earning a bewildered jolt when you suddenly embraced her. Holding the ravenette close, you placed your head atop hers, using one hand to tentatively stroke her luscious locks.

"My first Sports Festival went much the same way." You responded, never ceasing your gentle ministrations.

"I-It did...?" She questioned disbelievingly.

Planting a chaste kiss to the top of her head, you nodded, mimicking her subtle tone.

"I can explain everything while we're on patrol."

[Word Count: 630]