Tamaki Amajiki

Requested by: _Holly_2018_

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was always refreshing to show off your wings - you adored the stunned, utterly spellbound looks you received, as they shimmered beautifully in the sunlight. Yours was a transformation quirk, pertaining to butterflies. The wings that sprouted magnificently from your back were multi-coloured, seeming to change between shades, depending on your mood, or the intensity of the light. You could use them to fly, but they were delicate. They also appeared to let off an ethereal glow, illuminating any suffocating darkness, much like a torch or a blazing fire. When they fluttered, you could manipulate the wind, which made you a powerful opponent. Bright antennae protruded from your head, which you used to feel around, and, oddly enough, heighten your overall senses.

Nejire, your beloved sister, had a formidable wind quirk - an emitter type, which you loved watching her use. You thought the world of her, and often complimented her fighting technique and costume. She would always grin and return the gesture. You were in the same class throughout the entirety of your high school career, and you got along quite well with one of her closer friends. However, you hung around a different circle, and a certain butterfly enthusiast had never actually seen your quirk for himself. One day, when Nejire caught him staring intently at you, she informed him about your power. After that, he really wanted to see it, but was far too nervous to ask you for a demonstration, despite knowing that you would probably be more than happy to provide one.

So, when the whole class was forced outside to carry out some intense training, he decided to study you. From a distance, of course, because his crippling anxiety refused to let him get close to you. The teacher had everyone huddle together in a tight circle, with a large gap in the middle. He called you to the front, telling you to activate your quirk. You complied, showing off your massive, colourful wings, and antennae. The few of your peers who had been in the dark about your power gasped, their eyes widening. Tamaki was in this minority, and as he observed you, he made note of the shy way in which you tucked a stray lock of hair behind your ear, and the tiny smile that graced your lips. There was a timid, yet playful glint in your eyes. He felt his face heating up, the red quickly spreading to his cheeks and neck. He had always thought you were beyond beautiful before, but now, he was certain.

You were a goddess.

"Very good. Thank you, (L/n)." Your teacher said, allowing you to deactivate your quirk, and walk out of the circle.

Standing beside Tamaki, were his best friend, and your sister. The bluenette watched as her shy friend ducked his head, quietly shuffling away from your figure. She smiled mischievously, elbowed Mirio, and pointed at him, then at you. Both individuals wore a wide smirk, and they waltzed up to Tamaki, whistling and acting innocent.

Nejire cupped a hand around her mouth, whispering, "You like her, don't you?"

His face erupted. "W-What do you m-mean?"

"(Y/n)." Mirio chimed in, mimicking a dreamy voice, then laughing afterwards, prompting Tamaki to attempt to shield his face from all the negative attention.

Your sister giggled. "I can bring her over here. She'll talk to you!"

Before Tamaki could vocalise his many protests, Nejire had bounded up to you, engulfing you in a bone-crushing hug. She leaned into your ear, whispering something neither male could hear. You smiled sweetly, almost causing the ebony-haired teenager to faint. You then followed your sister to where they were situated, waving politely and striking up a conversation with Mirio. The blonde was eager and had a lot to talk about, but all Tamaki could focus on was your voice. It sounded like a choir of angels, singing a heavenly tune, so pure that it might reverse all the sins of humanity. Your lips, he noticed, looked plump and adorable. The gentle dents in your cheeks when you smiled sent his mind into a frenzy. Mirio said something Tamaki didn't hear, and pointed you in the direction of the severely anxious male.

Your steps were light and calculated, and you moved with the same delicacy as a butterfly landing on a flower petal. He strained to imagine how your lips would feel on his. You didn't look much like a fighter, but you were probably fierce. He wondered if you would apply the same strategy to a kiss - would it be forceful and rough, or tender and loving? Either way, he figured that he wouldn't mind. He had a sudden desire - an urge - to find out everything about you.

He seemed to be in a trance-like state, and didn't respond to the sound of your voice, nor your weird hand movements. Stealing a confused glance at Nejire and Mirio, only to get a thumbs up in return, you sighed, then proceeded to prod Tamaki's shoulder. Immediately, he appeared to snap out of his fantasy, staring at you with wide, bewildered eyes, that were overflowing with curiosity, timidity, and for some reason, guilt.

"Um...Amajiki?" You asked, watching as he began to tremble.

This alarmed you, especially when he only managed to stutter a response.

"Are you okay? Your face is red. Do you need to see Recovery Girl?" You questioned, trying to feel his forehead.

He stepped back. "No..." He whispered. "I-It's just..."

"Amajiki?" You clapped your hands together. "Nejire told me that you like butterflies?"

He nodded hesitantly.

"That's great! They're really amazing! My favourites are-" You started rambling on about facts and figures, overwhelming him with your extensive knowledge.

This was good; he wanted to learn more about you, and this way, he didn't really have to talk too much. He was free to listen to the sound of your voice, loving the way it almost lulled him to sleep. 

[Word Count: 992]