Shouto Todoroki

Requested by: cherryblossomsamurai

------------------------------------------------------

It had become quite a habit for you to fill the dormitory kitchen with various different sweets, whenever the trials of life of life became too difficult to handle.

You called it stress baking, but others were very thankful for your apparent procrastination. On occasion, a few of your classmates stayed with you, watching as mountains of your delicious baking piled up.

Todoroki, though not being the biggest sweets connoisseur, greatly appreciated the company you provided. He often had precious little to do, so confided in your cordial presence. He enjoyed witnessing all the melodramatic expressions, and hearing the somewhat foul language of a considerably stressed (Y/n).

"Fiddlesticks! I did it again!" You complained, knocking Todoroki's arm from the counter as you rushed to put the tray-bake down.

He laughed indistinctly. "Fiddlesticks?"

"It's a polite curse, Todoroki!" Your heavy sighs bounced off the walls.

Todoroki's gaze wandered towards the food splayed, seemingly in a random order, on the counter, and wherever else you found room. He eyed something that he hadn't seen before, wondering if he would be reprimanded for reaching out and stealing one.

Noticing his diverted attention, you smiled gently.

"Danish pastries."

Once more facing you, Todoroki nodded, letting an "Ah" flee his lips. You hurriedly took another cake out of the oven, setting it aside and shoving more cookies in. Although his eyes were now fixed on your figure, you knew his mind was elsewhere.

"You can have one if you want." Yours was the voice of impatience; as if you had expected him to have already taken one.

"Thanks." His tone was low, a hint of curiosity to it as he examined one of the pastries.

Staring at it in his hand for a few moments of deliberation, he ultimately decided to take a bite. Studying him closely, you recognised the satisfied glint in his eyes; noted him lick his lips in an effort to remove whatever had stuck. Trying to render your gulps inaudible, you discreetly manoeuvred your body so that it was turned away from Todoroki.

With flushed cheeks, you took to covering one of the cakes in buttercream, just trying to breathe and stay within the friendship boundary.

That was incredibly irksome, since you wanted so much more.

"I liked that." Todoroki stated, forcing you to face reality.

He was there; in the room with you. There was no conceivable way that he would have missed your hesitance to look at him. He might even think he had done something wrong.

"T-That's good." You replied, cursing your cracking voice.

"Could I...try something else?" He asked, in what appeared to be a nervous tone.

Not wishing him to feel awkward or on edge, you responded in what you hoped was a natural-sounding cheery voice.

"Of course! You may as well, since I made all of th-"

An unexpected hand yanked your arm, causing you to stumble and nearly fall to the floor. But, before you smacked the cold ground, your face was pulled up, and you felt the warmth emanating from Todoroki's hands. They cupped both of your cheeks affectionately.

Soon, his hot breath fanned your face, and you glimpsed a brief hint of scarlet dusting his features. He leaned in; your breath hitched.

Connecting your lips sweetly, his mouth moved as if he was afraid to hurt you. He was so gentle – giving you time to adjust, and not forcing his tongue down your throat.

You kissed back with equal tenderness, savouring the moan of approval you elicited when Todoroki felt you move against his lips.

Your compassionate interaction lasted for no more than a minute, but it felt like a lifetime. Both of you had waited so long for the day when you could finally call each other yours.

Todoroki pressed your foreheads together, collecting his breath much faster than you. All your thoughts were muddled; there was nothing more important in this moment than being so close to him.

A smile of adoration adorned your features.

You were about to lean in for another kiss, until your eyes fell on the clock behind him.

"I left the cookies in the oven!"

[Word Count: 691]