Shouto Todoroki

Requested by: SerenityTheWolf

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There had been rather oblique signs with regards to his gradually-deteriorating mental state. His unruffled demeanour had managed to fool all but the extraordinarily attentive budding heroes, such as Midoriya and yourself. Unfortunately, he appeared to shake off any prolonged interactions, which lead you to believe that there was a darker undertone.

It worried you immensely; he was the type whose aspirations took priority over his physical/mental health. In a lot of ways, his dangerous actions made him similar to his broccoli-haired friend.

Sensing his discomfort and desire to be a quieter place, you transformed into an adorable, fluffy kitten. Cautiously, attempting to dodge the legs of civilians, you crossed the street, keeping Todoroki within your view. You nuzzled your small head against his left side, causing him to suck in a surprised breath. When he looked down, seeing only a monochrome cat, a gentle smile blossomed on his features. Observing this slight, yet delightful change, you purred.

He settled, a little outside his group, running a calloused hand through your thick fur. You continued brushing against his warm, somewhat welcoming figure, before deciding to lie down on his lap.

You revelled in the sensation of his touch, and, although your eyes had closed, you were content in the notion that you had elicited even the most inconspicuous smile from this innocent boy. He was still raking a hand through your soft pelt as you allowed yourself to drift off to sleep.

--

Your (e/c) orbs cracked open in the early hours, surveying your surroundings tentatively. The traditional atmosphere encompassing the entire room astounded you. Having remained a small creature throughout the night, everything seemed to be of monstrous proportions. You glanced briefly aside, then immediately regretted it.

Sound-asleep, his breathing regular and soft, Todoroki lay beside you.

In an instant, despite possessing a completely different bodily structure, you felt your face heating up, and your heart began pounding painfully in your chest. It was significantly smaller than what you were used to, so you were unaware of just how much it would hurt. Still, you dared to steal glimpses at his resting form, sighing with great satisfaction at the soothing rise and fall of his chest.

You brought a paw to your face, before remembering that it wouldn't conceal anything. Instead, you swallowed all timidity and snuck under his heavy arm, curling up in a ball.

When he awoke, a gentle smile caressed his features. You were meowing faintly in your sleep, tiny claws just outlining his pale skin.

This animal was certainly intent on comforting him.

--

Your escapade had continued for many subsequent days, because he displayed no external signs of having improved mentally. By now, his vulnerable aura was penetrating more than just a few classmates. It was beginning to be a bigger problem than you had initially anticipated.

You decided to experiment – would a dog or cat calm him more?

Wandering near him as a loveable Shiba Inu, you nuzzled against his right side this time. His expression remained monotonous, although his hand moved to scratch behind your ear. You leaned into his touch, enjoying the pampering. Since the street was inexplicably empty, you leaped on to the seat beside him, rubbing your fluffy head into his chest.

He gripped your fur gently, endeavouring to push you backwards slightly. When you refused to comply, he released a false, exasperated sigh. Your ears perked up upon hearing the apparently despondent noise, and you cocked your head to one side cutely. No longer able to restrain it, he allowed a genuine laugh to escape his lips.

Your eyes gleamed at the sight; it was the most beautiful thing you had ever seen.

"You can stop that now (L/n)." He informed.

Your whole system trembled nervously. For a few moments, you feigned ignorance, electing instead to pursue this interesting staring contest. His gorgeous heterochromatic orbs were certainly a heavenly force. However, they were too radiant for you to tackle alone – especially not with the unadulterated love you held for him.

Pouting, you transformed back, blushing heavily once you realised your position: legs on either side of his waist, straddling his lap. His smile persisted, only flourishing when he wrapped his arms around you, eliciting a surprised yelp.

"T-Todoroki?" You questioned, awkwardly.

"Thank you." His grip grew tighter, as if the thought of losing had you crossed his mind.

You blinked. "W-What for?"

He gazed up at you with pure adoration, making you fall for him all over again.

"Teaching me how to love."

[Word Count: 756]