Hitoshi Shinsou

I made this a while ago, so if it's shitty...you know why.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If he was being true to himself, then it was safe to say he admired you. And not just in one of those 'wow, your quirk is really good' ways. He often found that his eyes trailed over you in the dining hall, or the corridors. He had to quickly turn away whenever you met his gaze, but in those seconds before he did, he got to witness your bright smile.

He always felt lucky that it was directed at him, but knew the two of you would never be anything more than acquaintances. He made up for this pang of sadness by petting cats, so it sometimes evened out.

That was why, when the sports festival rolled around, he wanted to impress you. He could see you from where he stood on the field with Midoriya. You had your hands up to your mouth, so he couldn't read your lips, but to anyone who heard you, it sounded like "Please, Shinsou."

You watched with baited breath, and when it was finally over, there were tears in your eyes. He had done so well. You were really proud. But he looked so upset. So hurt.

Running, you made it to waiting room, where he would likely still be. You knew he probably wouldn't see Recovery Girl over some small injury.

You had really taken his words to heart, yours almost breaking when he told Midoriya that he was gifted with an amazing quirk. That he was lucky. When you reached the room, you stared at the door for about a minute, eventually deciding that you were going to confront him either way.

Upon opening the door, you saw him there with his head in his hands. You heard small sobs, partially muffled by his hands He hadn't seemed to notice you yet, but seeing him like that made your own tears fall harder. You rushed up to him, taking him by surprise as you engulfed him in a loving hug.

To your delight, he didn't attempt to push you away. In fact, he gripped your arms for support, and cried into your chest. You let him, rubbing circles on his back in an effort to calm him down.

"You were amazing." You whispered.

"I lost. His quirk is so much better than mine." You were glad he was warming up to you, but you couldn't stand to let him talk like that.

Grabbing his cheeks, you made him look at you. Your eyes were red from crying, but he wasn't any better.

"Listen to me Shinsou. I'm so proud of you. You just proved your worth to most of the world! And what's more, there were pro heroes in the audience that loved you!"

He stared at you, wide-eyed. He didn't understand why you were giving him so much support. The two of you barely talked.

"But, why –" He started.

His voice was cracking, and you felt like burying your head into his shoulder. You wanted to tell him that you thought he was incredible. Instead, you put on your best brave face, and continued to look him in the eye.

"I noticed you looking at me in the hallway sometimes, so I began trying to find you. I wanted to know how often you looked at me. I found it really cute when you turned away shyly. I guess, along the way, I fell for you." After explaining, you closed your eyes, letting your arms go behind his neck.

By this time, you were sitting on his lap, but he didn't move you. He held you impossibly close, thanking you over and over again, not only for comforting him, but for loving him.

"I – I love you too." He mumbled into your arm.

"What was that? I couldn't hear you." Teasing, you looked back with a smile.

There was an amazing sight. Shinsou had a genuine smile – a wide one. Happy, and his eyes were filled with love as he gazed fondly into yours. He flicked your forehead, before planting a gentle kiss on it.

"Thank you, (Y/n)." 

[Word Count: 680]