Shouto Todoroki {College AU}

Requested by: Levis_Whattpad

-------------------------------------------

You were regularly bullied, since you were bigger than most of the girls on campus. But to Shouto, that was simply more to love.

Plus there was the fact that you were the girlfriend of the school dreamboat; a man so wonderful, almost every girl on campus was envious of you. For that reason over all else, Shouto made the conscious decision not to leave your side unless your classes weren't together.

That was how you ended up sleeping in his dorm room every night. He refused to let you out of his sight for longer than necessary.

In the late hours, generally after a long day of never-ending torment, you ambled into your boyfriend's room, often with him in tow, crashing on to his bed, lying face-down and refusing to budge for at least ten minutes. Whenever this happened, Shouto would sigh, making a mental note to talk to your aggressors.

Then, he sat on the space of the bed not occupied, and rubbed circles on your back, attempting to calm you down. He knew the extent of your depression, but never forced you to talk. Of course, he wanted you to, as it would allow him to help, and Kamisama knows he would do anything and everything in his power to turn your ever-present frowns into cheerful smiles again.

He missed the days when he could gaze upon your joyous face; tell you how much he loves you without having you question why, how he could possibly hold as many pure feelings for someone of your stature.

"I'm fat, Shouto. And ugly. Everyone tells me, constantly, and if they all see the same thing, then it must be true. Don't sugar-coat your words to try and make me feel better. Call me chubby; tell me that you would rather I just stopped living." Your muffled, beyond distressed voice sounded from the mattress.

Your boyfriend's eyes lingered on your figure, overcome with heartache. Scratch the talk; he would kill whoever was making you feel this way. Shifting on the bed, he got into a position in which he could lay down and take you in his strong arms.

He pressed you flush against him, to which you responded by pushing back, embarrassed. Putting your foreheads together, he started softly whispering words of comfort.

"Not everyone sees you that way. You're gorgeous to me, (Y/n), and I can't imagine a life without you. The only opinions that should matter come from those you care about."

You curled up against him, releasing more tears. You rushed to hide your face, thinking that he wouldn't love you if he saw your ugly expression, but Shouto held your hands tightly, so that you were unable to veil your features.

"Trust me, (Y/n). You're beautiful." He kissed your temple, holding you closer still.

Wanting you to rest, and be ready to tackle tomorrow with him, hand in hand, he hummed some soothing tunes until your eyes closed and he noticed your breathing pattern change. Despite his heartfelt compliments, you fell asleep with tears trickling down your face.

"You're so cute. I love you, (Y/n)."

He spoke a final line, brimming with honesty and compassion, before he too gave in to the sweet release of slumber, cradling you tenderly in his arms. 

[Word Count: 550]