Izuku Midoriya

With an unwavering, collected gaze, you ensnared the timid boy in an uncomfortable stare. It was evident that he wanted to break the connection between your eyes, but something appeared to hold him from his goal. There was an apprehensive glint in his wide, green orbs. Reclining on one of the dormitory's couches, you picked up a teacup and sipped gently, careful not to burn your mouth. You adorned a thoughtful expression, as if considering how best to approach the situation.

Finally, you gave a pleased smile.

"I hope you realise that you're the only one in class who even considered my name might be an alias."

Midoriya immediately stiffened.

"W-Was I wrong?" His voice was cautious, and you could hear the shaky breaths escaping his lips.

Humming, you placed the cup back on its coaster.

"No...not wrong. Although, you don't exactly have the complete picture."

His breath hitched, green eyes widening further as he searched your impassive features. Nervously, he gulped, distrusting his faltering voice, but needing to quench his curiosity.

"Who are you?" He questioned, calming himself enough to prevent the breakup of his words.

You chuckled, moving a relaxed gaze from the intricate pattern of the ceiling, to the freckles dotted about Midoriya's face. You allowed your eyes to trace his pale features – the glistening sweat rolling down his forehead slowly, the slight terror in his eyes, which he was trying to fight.

"(Y/n) (L/n)." Your response was smooth, massively contrasting his uneven tone.

He repeated your name a few times, attempting to discern if you were affiliated with any villains, or an undercover hero of some sort. If he was being honest with himself, he wanted the latter. More than you would ever know. Unfortunately, it seemed least likely of all possibilities. His gaze trailed to the suddenly incredibly interesting carpet. Amusement was unmistakably written on your face, as you proceeded to wait patiently for some sort of verbal acknowledgement.

"A-Are you-" Cutting his own sentence short, he shook his head in disbelief.

"Go on." You coaxed, resting your chin on one hand.

He gulped. "Are you with the L-League of Villains?"

For a moment, your eyes fluttered closed in false contemplation. Upon reopening, they locked with Midoriya's, and despite wishing to look away, he found himself unable. Humming in a pleased manner, you began to speak.

"I might be. Is that really so bad?"

A dumbfounded expression crawled on to his concerned features, triggering him to open and close his mouth like a fish gasping for air.

"Y-Yeah! They...they're awful people." His tone was almost melancholic, as if reminiscing about an event that really shook him.

"Then I suppose you shouldn't have fallen for one."

Your response caught him off guard, causing a satisfying red hue to traverse his features, beginning at his cheeks and only ending when his face and neck were painted completely. The expression he was wearing indicated that he was extremely nervous, frankly terrified, but simultaneously incapable of being dishonest.

A variety of strained words escaped his quivering lips – his actions lending credence to your statement. So this is what it took to break a hero-in-training.

"Was I wrong?" You mimicked his earlier question, although with a definite confidence.

By now, he was shaking in his seat, having gone from crimson to white in a matter of moments. It was obvious he wanted to lie, thus further proving your comment. Giving him a few minutes to collect himself, you elected to divert your attention elsewhere, so as not to add additional humiliation.

After a relatively painful silence, Midoriya finally managed to stutter a response.

"N-Not...not w-wrong..."

[Word Count: 607]