Himiko Toga

Requested by: ayato_the_ghoul

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your delicate hands sifted through various newspaper articles, detailing atrocious villain attacks in the local area. You were an aspiring hero, so seeing such unbridled malice made your heart pound with anger. There was very little you could do given the situation, but you hoped that someone would hear your silent pleas, and put an end to the slaughter of innocents.

You had become far too invested in your thoughts to notice someone sneaking up on you. They wrapped teasing arms around your waist, eliciting a shocked puff of air.

Pouting, you whined, "Himiko ~"

She giggled, crawling next to you without breaking her hold. She glimpsed the papers you were holding, instantly portraying a sort-of-horrified façade. It was enough to fool you into thinking that she actually cared, when in reality, she had been the one to murder all those people. How else would she have been able to obtain so much blood in such a short amount of time? They were strangers – individuals you wouldn't have recognised, nor found suspicious. This made it easy to follow you around during your escapades with classmates, just to check in on you, and ensure your loyalty.

Not that she doubted you, of course.

All the while, you remained blissfully unaware of her status as a villain, and member of the Vanguard Action Squad. Despite her overly-excited and sadistic personality, you never assumed that she would commit so many heinous crimes.

To you, she seemed like a regular high school student, and she was the same Himiko that you had fallen in love with. That wasn't about to change. She wouldn't let you find out about her secret rendezvous with the supposedly evil side. Stain's ideologies had wormed themselves into her mind, and she genuinely figured that the world would be an easier place to live in if the heroes were all brutally murdered.

She wanted to keep you safe, above all else, and, although she certainly didn't appreciate your heroic pursuits, she didn't wish for you to suffer the same fate as all the people she had killed in the name of justice.

Unfortunately, her lucky streak was about to run out.

A few weeks later, her team bided their time, awaiting orders to attack the training camp. She was high on adrenaline, and forgot that one of the target classes contained you. When they finally besieged the camp, she went after two of your classmates – Ochako and Tsuyu. They held their ground quite well, managing to fight her off for a while. However, your lover still obtained some of Ochako's blood.

Meanwhile, you ran through the dense forest in search of the others. You knew some groups must be around, because the fire and gas were swirling elsewhere, and nobody could have survived in those conditions. As soon as you spotted your frog-like friend, you started hurtling towards her, in an effort to help with the fight.

Tsuyu met you halfway, shielding you from assault.

Your eyes widened.

You stood frozen.

Staring back at you, a love-struck glimmer in her beautiful golden orbs, was your girlfriend, Himiko Toga. You stumbled, raising a hand to your mouth. Your breathing grew irregular as tears pricked at your eyes.

"W-Wha – Himiko...w-why?" You questioned, barely able to choke out the words.

Although there was a slight pain resonating through her system, she still smiled like a clown, showcasing her vampiric fangs. She appeared to be contemplating making a run for it, but she stayed long enough for you to form a judgement.

You would never give this criminal your heart ever again.

[Word Count: 601]