Himiko Toga {Soulmate AU}

Requested by: Cherrysnowsicle

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

{Soulmate AU: Red String}.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The lives you led were worlds apart.

The psychotic blonde twiddled her thumbs idly, as she sat on the cold ground of the villains' hideout. Only she could see the red string connecting her to you. She often stared at it longingly, wondering what actually happened to you. In the past, the two of you had been so very close - you lived in the same neighbourhood, went to the same public school, had the same aspirations. You almost had the same life. She had noticed the crimson thread quite quickly after meeting you, but it took a while for yours to register.

She remembered how your (e/c) eyes sparkled when she informed you of the soulmate bond you now shared. You were so incredibly excited; your larger-than-life smile illuminated the darkness like thousands of fireflies. She loved seeing you with that amount of joy plastered haphazardly on to your features. She loved the adoration in your eyes, every time you looked at her. She loved the fact that you loved her - you weren't disgusted or outraged to have her as a soulmate. You were genuinely so excited, and it only made her happier and happier as the days went by.

Living so close was a great advantage, because you made a point to play with each other more, as soon as you found out about your connection. Your (h/c) locks blew with the breeze, slapping her own face quite forcefully. You apologised profusely, a worried expression worming its way on to your face, almost as if you thought she would no longer want to be with you, for such a minor discretion.

She had grabbed your hands, telling you not to be sorry for anything. A few stray tears rolled down your cheeks, and she caught them before they dripped off your chin. She nuzzled her face into yours, planting a sloppy, inexperienced kiss on your temple.

The two of you found a fantastic hidden spot in a nearby park - it was relatively small, but perfect for you. When something happened at home, and you didn't want to stay there, you would run to this place, making sure to cover your tracks. Sometimes she would be there, but if she wasn't, you always called her, bawling your eyes out, and she would arrive no more than five minutes later, with stolen ice cream and blankets. She would wrap her slim arms around your trembling frame, and hug you to death.

At least, that's what it felt like sometimes.

You were extremely grateful, of course. She was the person you could confide in. She was the blinding light at the end of the tunnel. You weren't even adolescents at this point, so you didn't really understand the dynamics of a proper relationship, but you gave it your best shot. She would often tell you about the romantic dramas she watched, and the two of you took notes. She learned how to correctly kiss you, where to kiss you, and how to comfort you in case of a self-loathing situation.

She was a massive fan of PDA, and she always displayed it - she hugged and kissed you in public, held your hand, and made flirty comments (when you got slightly older). None of the adults in your family minded. They knew she was your destined partner, and they were content in the knowledge that she made you beyond happy.

Your perfect little world began to fall apart when you entered middle school.

She was a year your senior, and her parents had enrolled her in a different middle school. She could still see you a lot, because you lived a few houses away, but while she was having trouble gathering any new friends, you were the centre of attention in your year. You had many friends, some of which came round for visits and movie nights sometimes. You went on a few playdates, but nothing was ever serious - you were still quite young, and besides, you already had an amazing soulmate. You loved her, so you weren't about to date anyone else.

However, by the time your third year rolled around, she was in high school, and struggling immensely. Due to her 'unnatural' personality, she was always alone, save for the very few times she saw you.

She ended up dropping out. She didn't want to be a hero, or even a regular civilian. She knew that your dream had changed as well. At first, you wanted to be a doctor, helping people with a kind smile, but never being out on the front lines, in the way of danger. Now, you desired to become one of the world's greatest heroes! She couldn't see why your view had changed so much. In order to do this, you needed to enrol in a hero school, which would mean you would have to focus a great deal on your studies. Except, that wasn't the worst part.

Your family decided to move. You would no longer be in her neighbourhood, not that she really stayed there now anyway, but it would have been nice to still know where you lived, so she could check up on you if necessary. Or, if she needed somewhere to hide. She was committing crimes left, right and centre. She drained people of their blood, to use for her quirk, or just because she liked it. This was far from the life you wanted to lead.

That was around the time Stain made himself known.

She decided to follow his ideology.

She sighed - something very out-of-character for her. Twice looked over, concerned but also slightly fearful for his life. If she was angry or upset, someone was sure to die.

"What's up? Something on your mind?" He asked, switching between personalities.

Yawning, she replied, "Nothin'."

"You sure? I can cheer you up!" He hollered.

She giggled. "Just thinkin'. I need to pay someone a visit ~"

[Word Count: 987]