Katsuki Bakugou

Requested by: Yuri_PlisetskyXD

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An unprecedented dilemma surged through his mind, jabbing at his skull painfully.

It was extremely problematic, because, as he recalled, he continually called the quirkless out for being weak. However, the prideful, brash young man had genuinely fallen for a woman with no power to her name. Granted – her beauty was beyond question, but her physical prowess was nothing to brag about. Although, much unlike that nerdy Deku, she never complained about her lack of ability, deciding instead to focus on being the best possible person she could be.

She was admirable; her laugh was infectious; her smile put all of heaven's angels to shame.

She was quirkless. Bakugou was supposed to hate those types of people the most – bullying them mercilessly with a troupe of mindless followers.

The issue?

His inner, somewhat pleasant individual had, without his consent, become captivated by this young maiden. His fiery personality made it impossible to hold a conversation with her, despite how much he might have wanted to. If she was privy to his well-concealed feelings, she didn't show it.

He desperately wished to confess his utmost adoration, but his stubbornness wouldn't let him. This fact aggravated him to no end, and he attempted to purge his mind of all her beauty. Unfortunately, she just refused to leave him alone, oftentimes popping up in his dreams, causing him to sit bolt upright, panting slightly and sweating.

Thankfully, that didn't lead to any intense explosions.

Not so thankfully, it did lead to an annoying depressive state that seemed to radiate from his very being. It had a massive impact on the other students in his class, and they offered to guide him through it, but he didn't want to appear weak – those losers were far inferior to him.

He stopped dead in his tracks.

They were quirkless too. It dawned on him suddenly, and with a frustrating accuracy, that he might have to start playing friends with those people. He knew for a fact that you didn't tolerate discrimination of any sort, and now that UA had begun accepting individuals without superpowers, maybe he would have to alter his views.

You were in another class: one with a happy mix of both types of people. His class was solely for those special people lucky enough to have heroic quirks.

Although – he couldn't be excited. He couldn't be anything but bloody depressed at the situation – at his complete incompetence. He allowed it to become so bad that his grades started slipping. Only marginally, but it was enough to severely concern the people who always surrounded him.

He sat in the dining hall, eating alone, contemplating his very existence. He forgot to put up the high defence he used daily. He didn't see you meander over to him, set down your food, and slip into the seat opposite him. His head was covered with both hands, and he seemed to be mumbling.

You waited for a few minutes, before breaking the uncomfortable near-silence.

"Hey, Bakugou...you've been really upset lately. I can help, if you want?"

Immediately, his head shot up, and he regarded you with wide, crimson orbs, showcasing an internal conflict, the likes of which you had never seen prior to this moment. A shocked gasp escaped your throat.

"Bakugou..." You reached forwards, attempting to touch his face.

He jerked back.

"Stay where you are. Don't touch me." His words were dripping with malice, as per, but something didn't feel right.

"What happened?" You dared to ask, complying, and retracting your hand.

"You wouldn't understand." He snarled.

Imitating a serious expression, in a futile effort to make him laugh, or at the very least, smile, you stared deeply into his blood-red eyes.

"Then help me to."

[Word Count: 621]