Shouto Todoroki

You were sitting alone in the empty classroom. All your classmates had gone either for some fresh air, or just to another part of the building. You were staring down at your hands, clenching and unclenching your fist, not really thinking about anything in particular.

Hearing the door slide open, you looked up, seeing Shouto standing awkwardly. He hesitated, but walked into the room, setting his bag down on his desk, and pulling a chair up to yours. He seemed calmer now, so you assumed there was some tension between him and another student.

Probably Bakugo.

He spoke up, placing his hands next to yours on the desk.

"Do you believe in soulmates?" He asked, in a serious tone.

"No." You replied.

There was a brief pause, like he hadn't been expecting that answer. His eyes momentarily drifted from your uninterested gaze, choosing to focus on the intricate flooring. He sighed, gathering his composure. He couldn't chicken out now.

"I think...we're soulmates." His usually monotonous voice was laced with caution.

"We might be." You nodded, sliding one of your hands into his.

His eyes widened as he felt the softness of your touch. He wanted to hug you, but you weren't exactly a physical contact fanatic. That made your action even more significant.

"What would you do if we were?" He inquired, gripping your hand.

"I'd marry you."

Your words meant everything to him. But, he didn't know if you meant them. Typically, you didn't joke, but you were a disbeliever in soulmates.

"Even if we're not...would you still do that?" He was expecting rejection.

"Yes."

His saddened expression quickly morphed to one of confusion, then joy. Deciding to screw it, he loosened his grasp on your hand, and snaked his arms around your waist, luring you into an affectionate embrace. He would definitely remember this when he proposed. 

[Word Count: 309]