.: The family gathers :.

Mijoo's pov :

I was awkwardly seated beside Jungkook who was also awkwardly seated beside Jeonghan who was beaming because we actually showed up.

" I'm so glad you made it ! " he beamed happily.

" Yeah .. " can't say the same thing honestly.

" Sooo ... " one of my cousins, AKA Yoona, trailed off looking between Jungkook and I.

" Who is he? " she asked checking Jungkook out. This girl ..

" I'm her fiance " Jungkook spoke shortly.

Yoona made a surprised face as she looks between Jungkook and I.

" Wait what? Aren't you two a bit young to be engaged? " she asked.

" we're both legal adults, " Jungkook briefly explained.

" Ah .. I can't believe it's been 9 years since last time I saw you " halmeoni came in with plate of cookies and set it infront of me and Jungkook.

" Wow. You used to look like a boy last time I remember " Yoona snorted.

My left eye slightly twiched at her remark. " Yeah .. "

" You look surprisingly like a human being " she continued to diss.

I hate all of cousins. I still do honestly but my hatred for Yoona was something different.

She was plain evil. She was evil itself. Not the cute kind of evil, but the "I'll bully you forever" kind of evil.

She used to steal my stuffed toys and rip them ir throw them in the fireplace. And also she used to break things in the house and put the blame on me, which gets me a long round of scolding.

" Yoona, stop being a bully " Jeonghan defended.

" who else is coming? " I asked Jeonghan.

He smiled at me " All of them are coming. It's the biggest meeting so far and no one cannot attend. Trust me Mijoo, this meeting will benefit you. " he promised.

" I guess. I'm already here anyway " I shrugged.

Jeonghan and Jungkook stared down at eachother. These two really ..

" How long will it take before they arrive? " I mumbled.

" less than an hour. " Jeonghan replied.

Oh jeez. I should of arrived a bit more late than now .

" where's grandpa ? " I suddenly asked.

The room went quite before halmeoni spoke " he .. He passed away 2 years ago .. "

I pursed my lips and looked at my lap, silently moruning his death.

9 years .. 9 empty years that I never heard anything from my family .. Were they alive? Were they dead? Did anyone get married? Does anyone ... Miss me?

Those questions ran through my head everyday. Sometimes sending me into a depressing state that lasts for couple of days, but other times, they make me so angry that I want to break anything that comes in my hands.

" Are you two living together now? " Halmeoni asked, looking between Jungkook and I.

" Um .. Not yet. " I replied awkwardly.

" What? Why not? You two are engaged aren't you? Unless you're just pretending " Yoona taunted.

My eyetwiched. Before I say anything, Jungkook beat me to it.