.: Parents :.

Mijoo's pov :

" Are you ready? " Mira asked nervously.

" Yeah .. ? " I answered unsure of myself. We're currently standing infront of Mira's modern house. Mira clinging on my arm as she shakes.

I took a deep breath and nodded. " Let's go Mi. It's now or never " I looked at her with determination.

She nodded hesitantly. I took a step forward but she literally pulled my arm back squealing.

" Mijoo let's run away and never return to Korea " I facepalmed at her suggestion.

" Mira " I scolded. " Take responsibilities on your actions. Running away is not an option " she pouted at my words.

" Why do you wanna run from Korea dear daughter? " I flinched in shock, these words were apoken by an accent in English making me turn to look back at the person standing behind me.

" M-Mom .. " Mira stuttered.

Her mom was fairly short, same height as Mira herself. She was also very pretty and definitely did not look like a mom of a 19 years old.

" Hello there ! " her mom greeted me with a bright smile.

I smiled awkwardly " Hi Mrs. Tuan " I replied in English.

" oh my what a cutie ! And also a darling for taking care of daughter " Mira's mom had a mysterious smile on her face. Making me feel more nervous.

" Mom .. Mijoo, Mijoo this is my mom. " Mira introduced, hiding behind me.

" so you're Mijoo ! Miranda would always tell me about how amazing you are. Oh ! I just made cookies ! " Her mom not wasting a second, held my hand and forced me with her. Mira trailing behind us.

I looked at Mira with a raised eyebrow, she was literally ready to turn and make a run for it.

I glared at her " Miranda is running " I say to her mom.

Her mom stopped. And as a robot, turned her head with a forced smile at Mira " Miranda Tuan. 5 seconds and I'll find you in the kitchen. 5 .. 4 .. 3 .. " Mira zoomed past us inside the house as if she's Sonic.

" Wow .. " that was all I can manage. Mira is sure scared of her mom.

" I'll make a wild guess and say that my daughter got herself into troubles " Her mom sighed. Her hand was still holding mine.

I wasn't ready to be asked that question just yet. I opened my mouth to speak but she beat me to it.

" I know Miranda doesn't get herself into random troubles .. but she needs to stop " she sighed shaking her head.

My heart clenched. She is a mother that is worried for her child. Something that I honestly yearn for .. getting punishments from parents for being in troubles .. then that sweet make-up after the punishment.

" Mira .. is a great human. I look up to her " I said looking at Mira's mom.

" I'm sorry Mrs. Tuan. She got into troubles because she defended me against someone. " I admitted.

Mira's mom looked at me with surprise " She did? "

I nodded " I promised her I wouldn't say that but she did. She is scared that you'd tell her I'm a bad influence on her " I said looking at my feet.

" You? " she sighed. " Miranda is the influence here, sheesh. " she facepalmed.

" Honestly. Miranda changed in the past few months. I was worried because her change was too good to believe. " her mom lifted my face up from my chin.

" she told me that she finally found a best friend that loves her equally and felt completed. " her mom gave me the softest smile.

A smile that I yearn for from my own mother.

I tried smiling back but failed to " Um .. "

" Let's scare her now. " her smile turned mischevious as she continued to drag me inside the house.

I can tell that Miranda got her personality from her mother.

The house from the inside was just as modern as the outside. I took off my shoes and entered the house awkwardly behind Mira's mom.

Mira's mom entered what I assume is the kitchen, me following her like a lost puppy.

" Miranda, you're here earlier than I thought " a deep voice startled me. Her appa.

" Hi dad .. " Mira nervously greeted.

Her appa's eyes fell on me. I just stared and gave a very awkward smile " H-hello .. "

" Hello ! Wow, I cannot believe Miranda actually brought a female friend ! " her appa warmly greeted me with a happy smile.

I slightly bowed, " I'm Mijoo, nice to meet you sir. " I said shyly.

" Ohh so you're the famous Mijoo. Take a seat " Her appa offered happily. I took the chair beside a fidgeting Mira.

I nudged her with my elbow. She bit her lip. Still afraid to say anything.

" So Mijoo. " her appa took the seat accross from me. Her eomma was serving cookies and cakes infront of us.

" are you Korean? " He asked, munching on a cookie.

Her appa .. reminds me of mine ..

" I'm.. half Taiwanese " I offered a smile.

He choked on the cookie. " T-Taiwanese?! I'm a Taiwanese person ! " he exclaimed.

My jaw dropped, I shifted my eyes at Mira who smiled sheepishly at me " I forgot to mention I'm half American and half Taiwanese " She said.

" wow aren't you too early to tell me that. " I said sarcasticly.

" which of your parents? " he asked, regaining his composure.

" My mother. Zhou Meilin. " I mention my mother's name.

He fell silent, his eyebrows furrowed as if he was so deep in thoughts.

" Zhou ... Meilin .. " Her repeated.

I tilted my head. " hmm? "

" So, care to explain why you're here early Miranda? What about school? " Mira's eomma began.

Mira shifted scared in her chair.

" I .. I .. " she stuttered. " I .. got .. " she gulped. " s-suspended f-for a we-week .. "

Pause ..

" SAY WHAT?! " well shit. I don't think Mira's eomma was acting just now.

" Y-you got suspended ?! Miranda Tuan ! " Mira's eomma sighed with a facepalm.

" M-mianhae .. " Mira squeaked.

" Mianhae isn't going to fix anything. Your mid-terms are in 2 weeks ! And you need extra studying and you tell me got suspended when you really needed the extra lessons?! " Mira's mom scolded, her face was turning red.

Honestly, I was pretty damn scared too.

" I can't believe it- Adam ! Say something to your daughter ! " Mira's eomma turned her attention in anger to her husband.

" WAIT ! " Her appa gasped, standing up, looking ever so shocked, also shocking all of us.

" Does that mean you know Zhou Hwija?! " he exclaimed.

I squinted confused " Whu dat? "

" Oh so you don't know him " Mira's dad pouted.

Mira's parents are so adorable ..

×××××
Whose Mira when they're scared of mom?

Today's question ! : do you play any musical instrument?

For me it's acoustic guitar.

Ps : *whispers* the story gonna end soon children .. maybe .. maybe not .. hehehehehe *cough*