.: Family ties :.

Mijoo's pov :

" halmeoni .. what do you mean about what you said earlier? " one of my cousins, Tori asked seeming nervous.

" Silly children. " halmeoni smiled brightly. " I am an old woman with many diseases in my body. Did you think I'd live forever? " halmeoni shook her head in amusement.

It was honestly a shocking news to me as well. I hate mentioning death or dead or any kind of thing that is relatable to having someone dear not be here with us anymore.

I'm not close to halmeoni. But she is the mother of my own father that I adored and still do. Appa loved his mother of course; it would be absolutely cruel of me not to feel sad right now.

I do feel sad.

" I know gathering all of you would be the hardest thing ever. But god responded to my prayers and even brought me back my baby Mijoo. " Halmeoni's smile was directed completely at me. My heart seemed to increase in beating as I avoided looking at anyone's eyes by looking at my lap.

" Mijoo; my second eldest grandaughter and also the first girl born granddaughter  of mine. " she sadly smiled. I peeked up to look up at her through my bangs.

" I am very disappointed in myself and in my husband as well. And in all of us " she shook her head.

" Leaving my own flesh and blood to fend herself alone with strangers .. I do not even think of asking for your forgiveness but .. " she paused taking a deep breath.

" I would like to say that I am deeply sorry. Don't forgive me; but I just want to know that you heard me clearly before I die " she finished her sentence.

At this rate, my feelings were all over the place. Tears we're  threatning to come out at just few more words.

" I am so thankful that god answered my prayers in having you as a healthy young woman. You have someone to take care of you .. You are truly a blessing, Mijoo. My sweet sweet little Mijoo " and that was my cue to begin wailing like a little bitch.

Tears ran down my cheeks as I desperately wanted to wipe them with my sleeves.

" Jihyun hyung would be so disappointed with us; all of us. " uncle Minseok said sadly.

" of course he would. None of us deserve her forgiveness or Jihyun oppa's forgiveness " aunt Hayoung mentioned.

At the mention of my dead dad's name, I was completely destroyed. All the events of my past life came flashing through my eyes again. Replying that everyday, I would cry. Try to kill myself. Suho oppa would tie me up and keep me away from any kind of object. Having him tolerate with me. Having my own family give up on me.

It all came crashing into my head all over again. And I was in no condition to take it all in once.

" I have no right to ask for you to come live with onne of your uncles or aunts. After all, you have a fiance now. And you're  a grown woman " Halmeoni said.

" You don't  need to worry about her. Mijoo is my life, I'm  not giving her away " Jungkook spoke.

" Of course. But what we all want to agree is .. " Uncle Heoyoung stood up and looked directly at me.

" that we all apologize for all the pain we cause. Even if it's  too late, even if you already hate us and even if you don't  forgive us. " he listed.

My heart clenched more as more tears poured out of my eyes. This is too much to take in. I want the pain in my headt to go away, I want all of this heaviness inside of mr to disappear.