CheckmateShipping (Pokemon)

Suggested by: StrangeWeirdFangurl.

ALRIGHT.

CHECKMATE.

Cheren and Hilda.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT.

I feel like this should be a popular ship, but it's not. Well, I don't know. Maybe none of the people who ship this ever bothered to read my fanfics. I mean, I haven't written any oneshots about Cheren or Hilda as far as I'm concerned.

ANYWAY.

If you think about it, this is kinda on the same level as any main character x rival ship. Most of those types of ships are popular, but somehow not this one.

Okay...

I searched bulbapedia to check in N is considered a rival. I always thought that he was kinda one, but apparently he's not listed as a rival. Gladion is, though.

SO YEAH.

Let's look at the hints, shall we?

They are good friends. Cheren is the more competitive rival. Like...bruh. He wants to get stronger so bad, and yet he doesn't act like Silver or Blue. He's just...you know...Cheren. But hey, you gotta admit that he had some sort of glow up from BW to BW2.

Lol. I remember this thing going on Twitter. It's like comparing a photo of yours from 2012 to a recent photo to see how much you have glowed up. I didn't do that for obvious no face reveal reasons.

I honestly feel like I dulled down from 2012. I was much more motivated and alive back in 2012, man.

I mean, for most of you guys, you guys had gone through a lot of changes from 2012 to now. You guys were probably still smol kids back then, especially to the bulk of my readers who are around 11-13 years old. That was like...half your life ago. What the fuck.

ANYWAY. Back to the ship.

Hilda and Cheren are pals. They are rivals. Sounds like a good ship already, but it's not something I ship. It just doesn't have that spark for me.

Before I became serious with fanfic writing, I believe I was more into FerrisWheelshipping. After seeing some Isshushipping stuff, I started liking Isshushipping more. However, that calmed down a bit and eventually both FerrisWheel and Isshu have been on the same level for me. But recently, I'm starting to like FerrisWheel a bit more again.

As to what I shipped for Hilda during those days that I didn't really ship FerrisWheel, it was probably Whitesquareshipping, which I still kinda like up to this day, but I prefer FerrisWheel again.

Hilbert: Wow.

Oh...hi, Hilbert.

Hilbert: Wow.

Sorry? I mean, I still like Isshushipping, but I haven't seen fanfics of it recently.

Hilbert: Wow

Again, to those confused, Elemenoverse Hilbert really likes N.

As for Cheren, I didn't really ship him with anybody because I honestly didn't like him that much. Not saying that I hate him, but I preferred Bianca over him. Is that weird?

And I guess me back in 2011 didn't actually ship the Black and White characters with anyone. Maybe I just lowkey shipped FerrisWheel, but that's it.

BUT YEAH.

Again, it's not a bad ship. I do think it's an okay ship. I won't be surprised if people like this ship.

SOOOOOOOO

I will give this one the decent score of 6 out of 10 chess pieces. Sure, we're not talking about ChessShipping, but whatever.