Sayo x Tsugumi (BanG Dream!)

So uh...I initially had this as part of a set, but it turns out that I had a lot to say about this. Wow.

But then, I tend to be repetitive. Whatever.

Suggested by: thwpoop.

Ah yes.

A few months ago (in the WW server), we had the Cooking Class event thingy. It was about Sayo and Tsugumi. Fun.

I will admit. I really liked their interactions.

Sayo went to the cooking class which ended up being in the Hazawa coffee shop.

Tsugu felt intimidated at first since she heard about how strict Sayo was. She felt like she was gonna mess up, and Sayo would get mad at her.

Turns out that it isn't the case!

If anything, Sayo appreciated the effort Tsugu was showing. Sayo really didn't know what to do, so of course she just had to do what Tsugu told her.

Ya know our Sayo. She's like, "Is this batter white yet?" or "Is this 5 mm?"

Ya know. She takes things too seriously, when in fact, you don't really need to be exact to make the perfect cookie!

And also, Sayo really appreciated how nice Tsugumi was. Ya know...both of them had those thinking moments as they learn about the other's personality. Fun.

Yo. When I made cookies, it wasn't that perfect too. The red velvet cookies I baked had too much food coloring that it stained your tongue and fingers.

Also, it has almost been a year since I baked cookies. Mainly because I'm the only who ends up eating them anyway.

Back to the ship...

The two of them realize that they have similarities, and with that, they managed to motivate each other.

Sayo felt like she was inferior compared to Hina since she a boppin' genius who can do anything. Ignore the fact that she thought Michelle was a dog or a lion (it was one of them. Someone else said the other.) and also when she thought that the dog-shaped cookies were hamster-shaped.

Tsugumi felt inferior with her bandmates. In spite being one of the two who had experience with their instrument before forming Afterglow, she felt like she was lagging behind. She didn't stand out that much compared to her other bandmates. As shown in one of the Garupa Pico episodes, there were positive comments about the other girls in Afterglow, but there weren't anything for Tsugu. And then, she tried to be rock and roll, and then be like PasuPare.

Yes we stan Tsugumi, the 6th member of Pastel*Palettes.

Tsugu is ready to shuwa shuwa the haters to show that is how she rolls.

But yeah.

They're like this pair of unexpected friends. And after the event, I was like, I appreciate this friendship. I stan it. Ya know, I haven't gotten the 4* Tsugu, so I still don't know what happened when they went to the knick knack shop together.

And then, I saw comments of people shipping TsuguSayo. And back in Tsugumi's birthday (January 7th), people were like, "Happy Birthday, Sayo's girlfriend."

SO YEAH.

When I first got the suggestion, I was gonna give a 7 or 8. But then, I read the event again, and it became...uh...let's go 9.5 iced cookies out of 10.

Honestly tho.

Ya know...back in the Himari and Tomoe chapter, I mentioned that in Afterglow, there's Himari with Tomoe, and Moca with Ran. And then, there's Tsugu who is just being Tsugu.

BUT YA KNOW. Roselia has that too. There's Yukina with Lisa, and Ako with Rinko. And then, there's Sayo who is just being Sayo.

B O I.

It's meant to be.