10

Archie' s dad laided there shot and I removed my thick leather jacket and pulled Fred's shirt up applying pressure to the wound. Archie stood there before falling to the ground.

"Toni call 911!" I yelled as I looked at Archie and gave him a reassuring smile and I sat there until that ambulance came and took Fred away.

"Toni call Sweetpea and tell him I need his truck now" I said as Toni nodded and I pulled Archie close to me, my serpent jacket was soaked in blood and so.were my hands. I had Archie in my lap and my hands were running through his red hair.

"Sweetpea is here" Cheryl said as I smiled and Archie stood up and we walked to the truck and I got in the drivers side but before getting in I really looked at my jacket and hands and I trembled that that was real blood. I had seen it so many times but this time it was different no one had ever pulled a gun out on me until now and this time a life a good life was at risk.

"You wanna go see you're dad don't you?" I asked as Archie nodded and I started the truck and drove to the hospital, we ran inside and I got inside, I was wearing my soaked serpent Jakcet I didn't have time to care.

"Fred Andrews" I asked for while the recipients looked at me and Archie and smiled meekly.

"Umm sorry he's in surgery but you can wait down there by room 306 [random number]

"Okay thanks" people seemed disturbed that a Serpent was walking with this guy who looked nothing like a serpent and indeed was not one.

"Right here babe" I said as I sat down and he laided down putting his head in my lap and I ran my hands through his hair it got late and finally Fred was back in his room but Archie was sound asleep.

I kissed Archie on the head and walked into Fred's room. I took a seat beside his bed.

"I know you don't approve of your son dating me because you know I'm a serpent now... He's out there sleeping on the chairs. He's really upset, I could wake him up and...

"Sasha listen I don't care where you're from I only care that my son is happy and thank you without you're help I may of died."

"It was nothing Fred, I did what I had to do" I mumbled looking at my hands and then Fred said something.

"I knew your mom, I knew who you were once I found out your name but I didn't care Archie was happy and so we're you, you're mom was a great woman she was a serpent but she believed we all could get along, I see her when I look at you Sasha."Fred said as I started crying.

"Thanks Fred, I'm going to check on Archie" I said walking out and I smiled those words, you're mom I hadn't heard that for years last time I heard it was when I was 10 and the words were.

"I'm sorry hun you're mom has passed away"

I checked on Archie and he was awake so I brought him in to see his dad.
We stayed all night I stayed up to 11:30 talking with Fred then I took my spot on the couch cuddled into Archie's side.

[Fred many many years ago]

I attended Northside high like any other one of us that lived on this side after school I went to pop's where FP, Alice and Sarah were either working or hanging out and today we all were sitting in the booth.
[Sarah is Sasha' s mom]
"I'm just saying that both sides should accept each other the only difference...

"Is everything Sarah the two sides don't work." Alice cut in as Sarah looked down and put on her oh bitch face.

"Alice the person next to you is a serpent the person next to Fred me is a serpent" Sarah had a point as the door swung open and Sarah jumped up.

"Whatever I have to go anyways" Sarah left that was one of the last times we all were together as a group.

[3rd pov present time]

Sasha and Archie were sleeping on the couch Fredwas asleep also and everything was peaceful, quiet. Everything was not okay but this town sugar coated things and made it seem okay.

"Archie I... Archie!" Veronica yelled softly as Sasha shot up and she looked at Veronica and pulled her out of the room.

"What are you doing here? Sleeping with my boyfriend!" Veronica yelled as I looked at her.

"Look you're gonna have to leave"

"He's my boy....

"No no he's not Veronica so fuck off, why are so fucking clingy can't you see what's going on I've been here since Fred was shot hell I was there when it happened and I saved Fred's life by not letting him bleed out." I yelled as Veronica tried pushing past me and I grabbed her arm.

"Listen Veronica I will still beat your ass so leave before I do" I said as Veronica rolled her eyes and left and I walked back into the room and closed the door behind me.

"Archie, babe come on let's head back to your house" I said kneeling in front of him as he sat up and looked at his dad.

"Archie he'll be fine let's head to your house you need a shower, I need a shower come on" Archie stood up and said goodbye to Fred as we walked out of the hospital room again the looks we got but we didn't give any fucks.

[@ Archie's house]

Archie was In the bathroom and I heard the water turn on before he called.my name and I opened the bathroom foor.

"Can you join me?" He whispered as he stuck his head out of the shower curtain.