evicted and alone

Pam's POV

I rubbed my tired eyes as I started walking up to the house. After working all day at the diner and night shift at the grocery store, I'm beyond exhausted.

I walked up to the door to see a eviction notice on our door. I was way too tired to even deal with this tonight.

"Aaron!"

I called as I walked up the stairs. When I walked into the bedroom, I found Aaron packing a suitcase.

"What's going on? Where are we going?"

I asked him.

"I'm...I'm leaving you Pamela."

Aaron said. My heart sunk.

"What?! Why?"

I asked with tears in my eyes.

"Because I can't do this anymore. I'm not going to keep working my ass off to barley provide for 4 people when I can provide for myself. I'm sorry Pam. Goodbye."

Aaron said as he walked out of the room. Right there I just bursted into tears. I came here for Aaron. I brought Mia here to be with us as a family. And now he's turning his back on us.

I wiped my tears and walked into the girls' rooms and started packing whatever clean clothes I could fit into duffle bags. I woke up the girls and put Mia in her car seat.

"Grab some blankets girls. Whatever you can carry."

I said, trying to keep my tears in my eyes. Once we finished packing, we walked out of the door and started walking. After a mile or two, I found a piece of grass by a highway that we could sleep at for the night.

"Lay down and go to sleep girls. Don't move from this spot without me."

I said as I laid a blanket down for them.

"Mommy, I'm cold."

Kaleigh said.

"I know baby. Just lay down and huddle up with your sister."

I said as I gave them a blanket. I used the other blanket to wrap Mia up with and I stayed shivering. I had no idea what I'm gonna do next. I don't have a house or food for the girls or a way to clean clothes. We're homeless and I'm honestly terrified.