beaten down girl

Once I got to San Jose, I went straight to the hospital. But I definitely wasn't prepared for what I saw when I got to Pam's room.

"Pam."

I whispered as I sat down by her side. Sasha and Sami weren't here yet so it's just her and I.

"I'm so sorry I didn't save you. I feel like the biggest idiot in the world. You said he would kill you and that's almost what happened. I'm so sorry."

I sobbed as I placed her bruised hand on my cheek. I placed small kisses on her hand as my tears fell from my face onto her.

"I'm never letting you go again. No matter how angry I am with you, I'm going to protect you. I promise you that this time...I'm sticking with my promise. You and Carter didn't deserve that pain. Please just wake up baby."

I pleaded with her lifeless looking body. I felt a hand on my shoulder as I looked back to see Sasha and Sami. Sami gave me a sympathetic look as Sasha looked stunned.

"I can't believe he hurt her this badly."

Sasha said as she walked to the other side of Pam's bed. Sasha slowly reached out and pulled the blanket from over Pam's stomach. You could see how bruised it was and the knife wound in the center.

"You're gonna be okay. Everything will be okay."

I whispered as I kissed Pam's forehead. Maybe I was trying to just comfort myself with those words. Cause I'm not sure I quite believe them myself.