he found her first

I watched the bartender fill up my glass again as I ran my hand through my hair. I couldn't get the sight of Pam kissing Aaron out of my head. I feel so stupid. She played me like a fool. I took a deep breath as I heard my phone ring.

Sasha.

She's probably just gonna bitch at me about Pam. I really didn't want my headache to grow anymore but something was just telling me to answer.

"Hello?"

I asked as I picked up.

"Um, Fergal I know you're upset with Pam but please go check on her. She's talking about how she should've stayed dead and I'm terrified she might hurt her and that little baby."

Sasha said. My heart sunk. As much as I am angry with her, I didn't want anything to happen to her.

"Okay, I'm heading to the house."

I said as I hung up. I payed my bill and ran out of the bar as fast as I could.

+

I ran into the house as my heart started beating as fast as possible. I just wanted to walk into this house and see Pam sitting on the couch with the kids. But that's not what I saw.

I walked into the bathroom to see a crying Aaron holding Pam in his arms.

"Come on, wake up. Please wake up."

He whispered as he lightly tapped her face. But something about this scene was just different. Aaron really did change. He truly cared about Pam. And I've never seen Aaron care and show so much love towards her.

"Did you call an ambulance?"

I asked as I bent down next to Pam's limp body.

"Yeah but they're taking too damn long."

Aaron said as he grabbed Pam's wrist and checked her pulse.

"This is bullshit. Fuck the ambulance, I'm not letting her die."

Aaron said as he picked Pam up and carried her towards the car. It just felt so different to see Aaron care so much about Pam.

I just stood there frozen. I didn't go to my car to follow them to the hospital. I didn't check on the kids. I just stood there frozen.

Because my life has just be turned upside down.