reconciled friendship

Pam's POV

"What are you doing silly girl?!"

I said as Ava giggled.

"Mommy you're silly!"

Ava said as I smiled. Then a knock came from the door.

"I'll be right back pumpkin."

I said as I kissed her cheek and headed to the door. But who I saw was someone I definitely wasn't expecting.

"Becky? What are you doing here?"

I asked.

"Listen...I heard about poor Skye. It broke my heart to hear that Fergal could do that to one of his kids. So I took Julianna to get checked and...she had signs of physical and sexual abuse too. I didn't even know. She didn't have bruises until she came home from Fergal's house."

Becky said as she started crying. I looked down to see Julianna at her side and the baby car seat in her hand.

"Come here Becks."

I said as I hugged her.

"That's not the Fergal I know. Why is he doing this?"

Becky sobbed into my shoulder.

"Maybe he's got into drinking again? Maybe even drugs? I'm not too sure. But I don't want him around my kids."

I said as I hugged her tight.

"Can we just put our differences to the side and be best friends and the best moms we can be?"

Becky asked.

"Of course. You guys can even stay here if you'd like. Just until you decide what to do next."

I said as I smiled a bit.

"Thank you so much Pam."

Becky said as she wiped her tears. It felt good to have my best friend back but...it sucks that something like this had to bring us together.